Chapter 6

"I made it home by my curfew this time," I said into the phone as I paced around my room cleaning it.

"Did anything happen?" She asked through the phone. I was on the phone with my long time best friend Casey that I unfortunately left back in Manhattan.

"No! I'm not a slut, Casey." I scoffed as I stuffed a t-shirt into my drawer.

"I never said that. Kissing and cuddling would be something that happened but that doesn't make you slutty." She corrected herself.

"Well," I said wearily.

"Ooh, what is it?" She said eagerly.

"He kind of leaned pretty close to me when we were watching the movie. My head was on his shoulder at one point, but that's nothing." I sighed, sitting down on my bed. "That's nothing, right?"

"That's something, Alli." She replied.

I sighed again.

"Why are you so upset when it is something? Don't you like him?"

I shook my head. I was so confused it almost hurt. "I don't know! I'm just weird around guys. I kind of like him but… I just, I don't know Casey. I wish you were here. I'm a bit of a mess without you."

I heard her smile as she spoke. "Stella and I are a mess without you here too, trust me."

"I love you guys. I think I'm gonna go call Calum. I'll text you later."

"Alright, bye Al."

"Bye."

I hung up my phone and sat for a moment before I huffed and lay back on my bed. I closed my eyes, covering my face with my hands. I don't like boys. I don't like Calum. I don't like love. I don't like it at all. I was just a confused teenage girl that had the "C" word on a guy. And a stupid guy at that.

I dialed Calum's number and stayed lay back on my bed, putting the phone on speaker and I set it on my chest.

"Well hello there, Ms. Johnson." Calum said properly.

"Hi, Cal." I sighed, picking up the phone and putting it to my ear as I took it off speaker. "So about tonight…"

"Oh yeah, I watched your little movies. So you're coming. No excuses. It's about time I introduce you to other people your age around here." I could sense his smirk through the phone. Something that I've learned to love yet I've learned how much it bothers me.

"I haven't asked my mom yet." I added.

"Well go ask her. Right now. I'll wait."

"Alright, alright. One second."

I set my phone down on my bed, walking out to the kitchen where my mom was.

"Hey." I dragged out, leaning against the counter.

"Hey honey. Everything okay?" She said as she stirred her bowl full of ingredients. I smelled a mix of chocolate and coconut in the air. My mom was making her famous coconut fudge cake with coconut icing. My mom baked when she was nervous, so the fact that she was baking gave me second hand nervousness.

"Everything is great. I was wondering if I could go to a party tonight?" No point it stalling. I rocked on my heels.

"Oh. Is it with that girl you were with last night?" She asked, stopping her stirring and looking at me.

"No. It's with Calum actually. He invited me." I bit my lip, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Not tonight, sweetie. I'd rather you stay home." I kind of expected this outcome but I was still upset.