Chapter 8

Day six of house arrest, as I called it. My mom didn't like how I called it house arrest but that's basically what it was. She didn't let me leave the house for anything besides going outside to get the mail. I was stuck in the house, which with my old self I wouldn't mind. I could just read all day and not be bothered by the outside world. But since I met Calum, I felt myself changing. I think it was for the better but I wasn't so sure yet. Since I met him, I found myself wanting to be around people instead of being cooped up in my room all day, just reading books and watching movies. Calum brought out the best in me, I guess. Or maybe he brought out the worst and I was just oblivious to it.

I heard a knock on my door. "Come in," I responded, not looking up from the book I was reading.

"Do you want to get out of the house?" My mother asked, leaning in my doorway.

"Hell yeah," I said, sitting up on my bed.

"I need you to go to the store for me. No where else, understand? I have to take Dylan to the doctor today so I won't have enough time. The office is a little ways away so we won't be home until later tonight. Don't do anything stupid, okay? I'll find out."

I hated when my mom tried to act like a super spy slash a Hitler Nazi dictator. She was just ridiculous.

I rolled my eyes, sighing. "Okay, okay. Got it. I'll take a shower and then go."

"Alright, Dylan and I are leaving now. I love you."

"I love you too." I lay back down on my bed as she closed my door. I waited until I heard the garage close before I showered.

-

I pushed the cart down the aisle, attempting to read my mother's handwriting on the list that was left crumpled from being in my pocket. Her list seemed never-ending. I groaned; I just wanted to be home reading my book. I brought it with me, thinking I'd actually have time to read. I rolled my eyes at myself and continued down the aisle. First item on the list was milk. How simple. I made my way to the dairy aisle, collecting the gallon of milk as well as ice cream, butter and various cheeses. I had just started my shopping adventure and I was already bored. I pushed onto the next aisle, desperate to finish. But I knew I probably wouldn't be back home for at least over an hour. I wasn't in the mood for this, even though I was out of the house. So I shouldn't be complaining, but I still was. Because I'n stupid like that.

-

I finally made it to my last item on the list, a box of cereal. I drove the cart down to the aisle, stopping in front of the various cereal boxes. My eyes searched for Captain Crunch, my brother's favorite. I looked all over, rocking on my heels. When I finally found them, I stood back on my full foot, groaning. They were on the top shelf. I stood on my toes, leaning against the shelf, attempting to reach a box. My attempt failed when I actually pushed the box farther back on the shelf instead of grabbing it.

"Need help?" I heard a deep voice say from behind me.

I turned around, to face a blonde haired boy. I stood for a moment, taking him in. My eyes shot to his lip ring. It moved with hs curved lip as he smiled at me. "Oh, uh, yeah. Yes please." I smiled at his friendliness.

"Just one?" He asked as he pulled his hands out of his black jacket, grabbing the cereal.

"Yeah, just one. Thanks." My eyes followed his hand.

He put the box in my cart, smiling. "Don't mention it."

I reorganized my things in the cart and fixed my purse, setting it on top of my book.