Chapter 16

"Stop," I breathed out, pulling my lips away from Luke's. "Luke, we can't do this."

"I..." He mumbled, obviously embarrassed and at a loss for words. He looked away, his hand scratching the back of his neck.

"I have a boyfriend, Luke. And it's not you. You know that. We can't be like this. We're not real, we're just for show." I said sternly. I couldn't let things like this continue. I loved Calum, I chose Calum. "If this is too hard for you we can break up, I don't really need a fake boyfriend." I added.

"No, it's fine. I'm sorry. I got to go." He said, standing up from the sofa, fixing his t-shirt.

I walked him out, and we didn't mutter another word to each other. I watched him as he drove away. 

When I walked back inside my mom was standing there. 

"Oh. I thought I heard the garage. Did Luke leave?" 

I nodded, my voice monotone. "Yeah, he had other plans." I left the room before she could ask me anything else.

I shut my door and sat on my bed, replaying what just happened in my head. I couldn't even begin to comprehend it even though it was so simple. Luke kissed me and I kissed him back. I didn't fight back, I let it happen. I felt terribly guilty. I mean, I basically just cheated on my boyfriend. It was only a kiss but to me, cheating was anything from a kiss to sex. I cheated on a boy that was nothing but good to me. I just couldn't let him know about this.

I heard my phone ring, it was vibrating on my dresser. I grabbed it, seeing Calum's name. I smiled for a moment until I remembered what just happened, my smile then faded. I reluctantly answered the phone, trying to put on a happy persona for Calum.

"Hi baby," he said as I answered.

"Hi." I replied.

"Come over tonight. I have something special planned." He said, I could tell he was excited.

"Calum, you don't have to do anything special." I sighed.

"Yes, I do. It's our one month anniversary tomorrow. And from that deal I believe I owe you some dinner."

I had totally lost track of time. I didn't know that it was already a month since Calum and I made it official. "Calum…" I said slowly. "I can't."

I could hear his voice drop. "Why not?" He asked, confused.

"I have other plans tonight, I'm sorry." I lied to him.

"Why can't you just cancel them? It's our anniversary, Allison. I want to celebrate one month of being with you while actually being with you." His voice was full of a sad tone and it made me feel horrible.

"It's family plans. I can't babe, I'm so sorry. I feel awful."

"No, no. It's okay. Don't feel bad. We can do it another time, I guess." 

"Yeah. Another time, okay? I need to go get ready. We're leaving soon."

"Alright. Call me later, bye."

He hung up the phone and I set it down in my lap, groaning. I had to lie to Calum. There was no away I could've faced him tonight, especially on our anniversary. I picked up my phone from my lap and dialed Maddie's number, praying for an answer.

My prayers were answered when I heard Maddie's voice into my ear.

"What's up, Allison?"

"Can I come over and spend the night with you? I know we don't know each other that well but you're the only girl here I consider a friend."

"No problem. I'd love to have you over. I'll text you my address and you can head over whenever you'd like."

"Thank you, see you soon."

-

I tugged my bag higher up on my shoulder, stopping it from falling onto the ground as I walked up towards Maddie's front steps. Before I could make it there she barged out of her front door, and ran towards me, smiling.

"Hi!" She squealed as she grabbed my bag from me. "Come in, come in."

"Oh my god hi." I laughed as I walked with her, into her house and down the hall into her room.

She set my bag down and then sat down on her bed. I took off my shoes and sat with her, sighing.

"So what's up?" She asked. "You seem bothered by something."

"I am. I just need someone to talk to."

"That's what I'm here for," she smiled. "I'm all ears."

"Well it's kind of a long and weird story so I'll start from the beginning…" I told her all about how Calum and I met, everything that happened with us and everything in between about how Luke and I met. I explain the 'fake boyfriend' concept and everything leading up to what was bothering me. "So he kissed me."

"Oh, Allison." She sighed, putting her hand on my knee. "So how do you feel about everything?"

"Horrible." I replied blatantly. "I don't want this to mess up anything with Calum. Today he called me and wanted to celebrate our one month anniversary and I had to turn him down because the guilt was already gnawing away at me. I really don't know how I'm going to handle this."

"Well, you can't dodge Calum forever. And I know you don't want to dodge Calum forever. You should just tell him yourself. It's better if he hears it from you, because it shows you have nothing to hide. I made that mistake with Michael once, too. And I told him and we've been together for a very long time."

"So should I tell him in person or over the phone? Does it even matter?" I felt my stomach turn at the thought of Calum's reaction to the kiss.

She shook her head. "Whatever you feel more comfortable with doing, honestly Allison. But don't wait too long to tell him. Calum is a really good guy, I've known him for a long time and I don't want to see anything set him off again."

"What?" I asked, wondering what her last sentence meant.

"Uh, nothing. Nothing. Just tell him soon."

I nodded. "Okay. Yeah, I will. Tomorrow, I guess. Or maybe I'll talk to Luke about it first and see where we stand, and then tell Calum."

"It's Saturday, just tell him before Wednesday. I don't want to see anything happen to you guys."

I smiled, sighing in relief. "Thank you Maddie, I knew that talking to you was exactly what I needed."

Maddie's advice was the best advice I had gotten. Well, it was the only advice I had gotten and the only advice I would get about this situation but I agreed with it. Telling Calum would interlace a certain type of trust into our relationship; it would show that I was ready to own up to my mistakes and I wasn't hiding anything. I made a stupid mistake with a stupid boy that was just a friend. Luke wasn't, nor would he ever be, Calum. I'd never feel about Luke the way I felt about Calum. Now all that was left to do was to tell him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost 30k reads that's amazing amazing amazing :) Thank you all so much for your lovely comments and everything. If you click the external link on this chapter it'll take you to a PLAYLIST I made for this fanfic!! There are 11 songs, the first 8 pertain to callison and the last 3 pertain to Allison and Luke!! I hope you all enjoy it. Also, sorry if the last few chapters have seemed boring to you guys... they've been boring to me too. :( Things will heat up soon, promise! :D