Catching up

I cried for a good ten more minutes and I finally regained all composure. We decided to walk down the street to Cold Stone and get everybody ice cream. It was about a ten minute walk so we were talking and catching up.

Ray- so whats been up?

Me- umm. Nothing really. I had Lili on October 16. I graduated last month. January 12 to be exact. I work at Rue 21 in the mall.

He started busting out laughing causing me to stop walking.

Me- wtf is so funny?

I folded my arms and put a mug on my face as I watched him laugh his head off. I shook my head and kept walking without him. After a few seconds, I heard him jogging to catch up. Ugh this fool is exactly the same.

Ray[still giggling]- why you walk away ?

Me- because you're an ass [turns corner]

Ray- aww don't do that. I just think it's funny that you work at the store that you can't stay out of.

Me- isn't your job something you love to do?

Ray[confused face]- umm yea. Why?

Me- ok then stfu. Rue is my life. Always has been and always will be.

He laughed the rest of the way to Cold Stone but I just stayed silent because I had something for this nigga. The girl that worked there was real pretty and I knew he would think so and as soon as we walked in he said

Ray- dang she cu- OH SHIT!

Yup. I tripped his ass hard as fuck and the girl started cracking up. He called himself mad at me but I didn't care. Hell, I needed a good ass laugh too! On the way home, he still was acting dumb so I thought I'd cheer him up a little.

Me- you know that girl who I introduced you to earlier?

It killed him not to say anything but he knew he wanted to. & like always, he gave in.

Ray- yea what about her?

Me- she loves your ass. For what reason I don't know. She always begged me to introduce yall and since I had it in my mind I'd never talk to yall again I kept telling her no BUT since I was forced to, I guess I can play match maker.

He smacked his teeth at my comment. I was so serious though. There was nothing anybody could tell me that would've changed my mind about them but these were the people I grew up with, the ones I trusted the most, and the ones I'd lay my life on the line for. I told him not to call her until later so I could be there. Once we got to the house, I put the gallon of vanilla ice cream in the freezer and walked back into the family room and sat next to Roc. Lili was laughing so hard at him and was kicking her little legs so hard. I smiled at the two of them.

Roc- shes beautiful just like her mom.

I looked at Roc with tears in my eyes. He leaned over and gave me a peck on my lips then pulled back and smiled. I smiled too, feeling like I was a child all over again. The butterflies were all there and I was nervous so I got up and walked over to Drea and Diggy then plopped down in between them. Drea complained as always. I looked over at Roc smiling like crazy and he winked at me causing me to look away shyly once again and my eyes met Chris's. He was apparently mad at what he saw but oh well. I'll explain that later. Right now, I was focused on this mini pudge that Drea had.

Me- damn Drea you need to work out

I poked at her stomach and my eyes got wide

Me- ofmg you're pregnant! What? & how?

Drea- lol hush Ci. Diggy wanted kids so I decided to give him one.

Me- omg congrats! How far are you?

Drea- ill be 4 months tomorrow

Me- im so happy! Yay! Now my kids have cousins! But wait Diggy.. how did you get Drea to want kids?

Drea- man you ask too many questions Ci damn!

Me- oh hush because all you ever said was how you hated kids and womp womp womp

Drea- well things change after you grow up a little..

Me- well shit.. I guess you bussed my bubble huh?

We started laughing. I spent the rest of the night catching up with them and when it was time to go to bed, I decided to stay at my mom's house and go and get the little bit of clothes I had left and Chris's house another time. After he left, I went to MY room to see the kids and Roc spread all over my bed. I laid Lili in her crib and laid junior in his play pen. I slid in the bed next to Roc and watched him sleep for a little. Lord knows I missed this boy. But there was still a lot we had to talk about before I completely let him back in me and my kids life and the first topic was going to have to be Chris. I was too tired to talk about it tonight so I said I'd talk about it in the morning.