Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Arthur

Arthur

Alice extended her hand out to me.

"Shall we?" she asked. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

She grinned and scooped me into her arms before dancing upstairs to her room. Once inside she set me down and disappeared, only to reappear with all the bags she had bought me. I grimaced a little when I realized how long this would take.

"Why did you buy so many clothes" i asked, opening a bag to sneak a peek inside.

She playfully batted my hand away and full out sneered at me. "Because your sense of fashion stinks and I simply won't allow you not to dress the way you should."

I furrowed my brow at her. "Hey, give me some credit; I've been forced to steal half of my outfits, thank you very much."

Alice's jaw dropped at that. "You stole your clothes?"

Oops. I never mentioned that.

I nodded ashamedly. "Yeah, I kinda had to. I didn't have any money, so, you know, I took what I could get."

A flash of anger appeared on her face for a moment before she discarded it and pulled me into a hug.

"Oh Bella, I'm sorry."

I hugged her back. "It's okay. No reason to be upset. What's done is done, I guess."

She shook her head sadly. "You deserve better than that."

"I have better, Alice. I have you." I leaned in and kissed her cheek to prove my point.

Alice looked at me endearingly for a moment before smiling. "You know that was lame, right?"

I scoffed. "Yeah, yeah, fuck off. Now let's get this over with, shall we?"

"You have such a dirty mouth," she giggled. "But yes, I agree. Now then, choose a bag."

The next hour and a half was, as I had expected, half tortuous and half entertaining. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy trying on clothes. In fact, I found that activity somewhat enjoyable. It was the fact that Alice was constantly tossing clothes at me to try on, seconds after I just put the first pair on. She had me change in the bathroom, since I was still a little uneasy at the idea of, well, being half naked in front of her. She rolled her eyes, but agreed nonetheless.

I had to admit, most of what she bought I liked. I wasn't much for dresses and she seemed to know this, since most of the dresses she bought were actually comfortable and not mind numbingly annoying. The outfits were a bit...well, flashy, but I liked them too.

It was decided in the end that I would be keeping everything, which I figured. With Alice, it didn't seem like any clothing would EVER go to waste. She merrily danced about as she began placing all of my clothes into her freakishly huge closet. I didn't fail to notice that there was a large portion empty with a plate that had my name on it above. Huh. She must've fixed all of this up years ago or something.

Once she was finished, as if on cue my stomach started growling. Alice giggled.

"Let's go get you some food, shall we?" she asked, offering her hand to me.

I grinned and nodded. As we made our way downstairs, I could already smell something being cooked in the kitchen. My mouth watered and I licked my lips. I noticed Alice was pouting, though.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She huffed. "I wanted to be the one to cook you something."

I kissed her cheek. "Aw, don't worry. You can cook for me tomorrow, how's that sound?"