Chapter 18

Chapter will: Shopping

Shopping

Alice was bouncing. Like, she was literally fucking bouncing in the car. And I'll be damned if that wasn't the cutest thing I'd seen all day. She looked like a little kid about to be taken to Disneyland or a fat guy at an all-you-can-eat buffet. Well, maybe not the latter, since she was far from being fat.

The excited pixie stopped the car outside the garage of the Cullen house, shot me a giant grin, and then bolted into the house, likely to grab both Amara and Rosalie.

I felt my heart do a cartwheel out of fear. Rosalie.

I hadn't seen much of her since the other night when I'd snapped at her. I was terrified of her-no, terrified for myself. I did NOT want to die any time soon, and considering how Rosalie's mood worked, that might be the likely case.

I couldn't help fidgeting with my hands, nervous and afraid.

Dear God, please don't let Rosalie kill me today. Please, please, please.

My thoughts were broken when the door opened and out trotted the three beautiful women that I would be spending my day with. I couldn't help the slight gasp that escaped my mouth, nor could I control my eyes from bulging.

Hot damn. Every time I saw one of them, I was reminded of how gorgeous they were. And in return, of how inferior I was to them in practically every way possible. I can't help that I feel self-conscious when I'm with Alice alone. Now I'm with all three of them. Fuck.

Amara looked the least happiest to be going. She had a frown on her face, and a slight glare in Alice's direction, likely because she had given in to Alice about going. Her hair, usually a total mess, was actually straightened a bit. Now, despite having had issues with a redhead in the past, I couldn't deny how much I loved Amara's hair-I still loved Alice's more, of course, but Amara's was my second favorite. Her outfit of choice was of course...well, Amara-y. Midriff exposing attires seemed to be a favorite of hers. Not that I was complaining.

Rosalie looked amazing as she always did. Frightening, yes, but amazing none the less. I was a little surprised that she was wearing her hair in a ponytail, especially considering that the ponytail look was not something I thought I'd see with Rosalie. Still she looked hot with her hip hugger designer jeans, the fancy designer shirt and the very expensive looking coat over it. Plus there were her shoes, also designer in appearance. Everything about her was flawless save for the scowl that seemed permanent on her face, a scowl that deepened when she and I had eye contact.

I gulped as the three of them entered the car, Amara thankfully sitting behind me and Alice of course in the driver's seat. I gulped, trying hard not to look at Rosalie, fearing that her glare would burn my eyes out or some shit like that.

What? It's fucking Rosalie!

"You girls ready?" Alice asked, unable to contain her enthusiasm.

"Whatever," Rosalie snorted.

"Let's just get this over with," grumbled Amara.

I just nodded my head, to afraid to speak. Alice noticed this and looked at me concernedly. I darted my eyes in Rosalie's direction and bit my lip. Alice understood and smiled softly at me before revving her car up again and driving off.

Honestly, one thing that amazed me was how adjusted I was to the fact that Alice drove at superhuman speeds. In fact, I was comfortable with it. I loved the feeling of the wind blowing my hair for some reason. I guess it was because I'd never experienced it before, given that I didn't have my license or anything.