Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Feelings

Feelings

The ride back to the Cullen's mansion-I mean, really, that place was freaking huge-was a quiet one. Alice spoke only once to offer to turn the radio on, which I declined. I was enjoying the silence. I had been enjoying watching Alice glow like the angel I saw her as until the clouds covered the sun up. I frowned at that and turned my attention to the road ahead, watching as she sped down dirt roads and crowded streets. I hadn't realized how far we had gone until now, even though it didn't feel that far at all. Maybe that just her insane driving.

I mean really. How did she even get her license?

Insane driving aside, I noticed something about Alice. Her facial expressions kept changing. She never took her eyes off the road ahead, even when she spoke to me. I saw the turmoil in her eyes. I could tell that she was still battling with herself over what had happened today. I gave up on trying to convince her otherwise, since she was hell-bent on suffering. It made me sad and a little annoyed, but I didn't show it. I didn't want to add to her problems.

It wasn't long before we arrived back home. Huh. There's something I'm not used to thinking. It was weird, really, but this place was home. I couldn't think of anywhere else I'd rather be, either. I guess I really could get used to living here, with a family of vampires.

She slowed as we pulled into the driveway. I noticed Amara outside as she parked the car outside the garage. Amara was sitting under a tree with her legs crossed and eyes closed. I noticed she was sitting in front of my old shirt. Ah. She must be practicing being around my scent.

Alice was out of her car first, blurring over to my side and opening the door for me.

"Thank you, Alice," I said, smiling at her. She smiled back briefly before shutting the door for me after I got out.

"Would you like me to make you something?" she asked.

"You can cook?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow.

I saw a glimmer of something in her eyes as she smiled again. "Well, Esme has been teaching me a little here and there. I'm not that good, though."

"Thanks, but I'm really not that hungry," I said.

She frowned at that. "Bella, I heard your stomach growling earlier."

"I know, but I can wait a while. I'm fine, Alice. Thank you." I gave her a reassuring smile, but she didn't look too convinced. She didn't push it, though.

We walked back to the house together. I turned my head in Amara's direction to see her standing. She smiled at me before following us inside. Jasper was sitting on the couch, silently watching TV.

"Well that was a fast trip," Amara mused from behind me. I went and seated myself on the couch, Amara following suit by sitting near Jasper. Alice, on the other, stood a few inches away from me, not quite facing any of us.

"We didn't end up going shopping," Alice murmured. I frowned and looked at her, noticing that her face had darkened a bit.

"We may go tomorrow, though," I added, trying to keep the mood good. Alice didn't respond.

I glanced at Amara and Jasper. Amara was staring ahead at the television screen, though I wasn't sure if she was actually watching what was on it. Jasper, on the other hand, was looking at me. I knew he could sense my emotions and Alice's emotions. I looked at Alice, then back at Jasper and gave him a pleading look. He seemed to understand and gave me a small smile, nodding to me before standing up.

"Alice?"

Alice bit her lip and gave him a sorrowful look, glancing at me for only a half a second.