Chapter 5

Nasa rehearsal si Shin ng mag ring ang phone nya, napatingin sya kay Mark na kasama din nya that time. Both of them know, it's Sarah from the ring tone. Mark just looked away and distance himself away from Rachelle. "Hello",Shin answered her phone. Uy Sars. , buti napatawag ka, na miss ka namin sobra. Kumusta ka na?

"Mabuti naman, kayo Kumusta?", nag alinlangang tanong ni Sarah sa matalik na kaibigan. "OK lang din, kami nga nag aalala saiyo eh, labas naman tayo like the old days. Pinagpaalam na kita kay Tita.

"Hinde kayo nagtatampo sa akin? " Naiiyak na tanong ni Sarah. "Medyo nung una pero naiintindihan ka namin but sad to say may nasaktan ka ng sobra" Shin sighed and Sarah knows Mark is not far from Shin. How is he?.Do you think he will ever talk to me again?

"Hmm you should talk one day but not today. At the right time and place." How about tomorrow after after our shows, let's go watch a movie? Shin asked.

"Just us?" Shin heard Sarah's worried voice. With Yeng of course! Girls Night Out.

"Sige will let mom knows." Text kita when I am done ASAP tomorrow.

Matagal na nyang naibaba ang phone naisip pa rin nya si Mark, ang pinaka una nyang Kuya at bestfriend sa showbiz. Natatandaan nya, umiyak sya ng umiyak ng nabalitaan nyang nanliligaw si Mark nuon kay Rachelle. Buti na nga lang at sa bandang huli naging magkakaibigang matalik din sila. "please Papa God ituro nyo po sa akin dapat kong gawin para maibalik ang friendship namin ni Kuya Mark.

Hihiga na sana sya ng marinig nyang may new message sya."Sweet Dreams Ms Sarah G." See you tomorrow!

Napailing na lang si Sarah pero hinde na nya na sinagot. Inaantok na sya at baka humaba pa palitan nila ng text kaya off nya na lang cell nya.

Hinintay ni Gerald kung may reply si Sarah pero 30 minutes na wala pa rin kaya inisip na lang niya na baka tulog na ang dalaga. Medyo dis appointed ang binata pero kinumbinsi ang sarili na tulog na ang dalaga kaya hinde na nabasa ang text niya. Lumabas siya ng kwarto  , nakita  mommy niya sa family room , nanonood ng SNN, Showbiz News Ngayon." Your movie is showing soon son, how you feeling about that? Nervous? Mommy Vangie asked him.

"Not yet, excited actually , can't wait to see how the moviegoers will respond to our team up." You and Ken are coming to the Premier Night , right? "Of course, wouldn't miss it son " You've been really great to us and least we can do is to show our support to whatever your projects are. If we have to watch it ten times, we will. Gerald hugs his mom and whisper thanks mom.

I heard from Ken , you seem to be smitten with Sarah, is that true? Don't you thnk it's kind early to go into another relationship after what happened between you and Kim and of course Bea.

"Don't believe everything he says Mom ," I am just trying to know what makes her tick.You should see her behind the camera , you would not think she is Sarah Geronimo , the Popstar Princess. So quiet and unassuming but once she is infront of the camera, she transformed into a different persona.

Marami pa sanang sasabihen si Gerald pero napansin niya iba ang smile ng mommy niya, "and what is that smile about?"

It is amazing how you also transformed into a big fan when her name is mentioned . I am glad son, you seem to be inspired again. I have to thank her for bringing that twinkles back in your eyes.

"Am I that transparent?" he asked his mom . Mommy Vangie just gave him a hug and kiss his forehead. "Just be careful son, don't want your heart to be broken again."

Gerald says good night to his mom and went to the kitchen to get something to drink. In his room,  he  checked his phone again but nothing from Sarah. He sighed and replied messages from his handler, Fred, Young JV and a reporter from Abante,

"I don't want your heart to be broken again" his mom said. Was it ever broken? Masakit din naman sa akin yung nangyari sa amin ni Kim. Apat na taong din kami ni Kim, hinde yun basta basta pwedeng balewalain. She will always be a part of my life but I can not pretend that I still love her the way I used to. I can not explain but I just realized one day the love I feel for her is just that of a dear friend, more of a sister. It took a while before I was brave enough to tell her how I feel. Napapadalas na rin kasi ang tampuhan at dedmahan namin dahil na rin siguro sa mga shortcomings ko sa kanya. Madalas nuon, mas gusto ko pang lumabas kasama mga male friends ko kesa mag hang out with her.Pinag aawayan na namin yung mga out of towns trips namin ng barkada dahil wala na akong time sa kanya. Alam ko nasaktan ko sya ng todo ng mag break kami pero alam ko in time mapapatawad din nya ako at maiintindihan. Napagkasunduan namin na huwag munang sabihen sa mga fans dahil masasaktan din sila.

Ok lang sana ang lahat , we were able to pretend that we were still together but then Bea and I started to go out on a date. People discovered  our relationship  and boom before I knew it, our fans got crazy. Some of our fans cant”t  accept Bea was  my new girl . Bea received death threats .  my family got involved and received the same threats . I have to make a decision, I ended my relationship with Bea to protect her. Who would forget my break down on national tv? My walking out in a presscon? My life was a mess that year and thank God for the support of my family and solid Gerald fans, was able to survive it.

The new movie with Sarah this year  is a blessing. I am really thankful that Sarah accepted this project.  I am also aware that people are anticipating a romance between us  but  Sarah seems to be still hurting. She is nice and all but aloof most of the time. She greets everyone  and talked when asked but  she keeps to herself. Nagkakailangan kami  nuong unang mga araw sa set. Halos hinde nga kami nag uusap buti na lang medyo nabawasan nuong may scene na very close talaga yung mga mukha namin at bigla siyang natawa , natalsikan ako ng laway nya sa mukha. That was so hilarious,  poor Sarah, she did not know how to apologized. She even asked for alcohol  and tried to wipe my face.  Unti unti after that day, nagkakabatian na kami pero may distance pa rin.  I can understand naman  na may pinag dadaanan siya. Ako kahit paano naka move on na rin. Si Bea , mukhang ok na rin . Hinde pa rin kami masyadong nag uusap . May awkward ness pa rin . Kami ni Kim, we tried to be friends pero we still have to talk para kahit paano mabalik yung friendship namin.