Serious Threats- Part 2

"Well, he'll live..."  Mariska sighed in relief and sat down in her chair as the hospital doctor continued talking.  "However, he'll have to stay here for a few days.  He lost too much blood to go home for at least a week."  Morinozuka nodded and patted the doctor on the shoulder.

"Thank you, Doctor."  The doctor bowed his head and left while Morinozuka looked at Mariska.  "You should come stay with us for a few days."  Mariska stared up at him in shock.

"But...  I mean,..."  She cleared her throat and swallowed hard.  "It isn't proper for a betrothed to stay at her betrothed's place...  Even if it were under extreme circumstances.  Father would never approve."  Morinozuka nodded.

"While I don't fully approve, either, I'm not allowing you to stay at your mansion alone."  Mariska frowned.

"But, I won't be alone.  I'll have the servants and the security guards."  Morinozuka stared her down.

"What good did they do when an armed gunman open fired at us all in your own dining room?"  Mariska flinched at his stern tone, and he sighed.  "Your father was a friend of mine when we went to the university in our day and has been since.  I'm sorry about your father, but I'm worried about keeping you safe, and it's not just for Takashi's sake, but for your father's."  Mariska teared up slightly, feeling more helpless than when she had been kidnapped twice in a day.  Morinozuka smiled slightly at her as he placed a hand on her shoulder.  "Please, just trust us.  We won't let any harm come to you."  Mariska took a deep, shaky breath and nodded.

"I do trust you..."  Morinozuka nodded and looked at his son.

"Take the car and go with her to her house so she can gather a few belongings.  I'll call another car and meet you at the house."  Takashi nodded and held his hand out to Mariska, who reluctantly took it before running off, dragged by Mori.

They hurried down the hall and into the elevator.  Mori pushed the button to take them to the parking garage and leaned against the wall of the elevator.  Mariska, who was still slightly shocked from all the evening's events, just stared at her reflection in the clear metal door of the elevator.

This can't be happening...  I know the doctor said Father would be okay, but what if something else happens?  Then, as she looked at Mori, her father's words echoed in her head.

If anything should happen to either of us, they should marry sooner...  She felt like a lost child as the reality of his words hit her harder than a slap to the face.

I could be married to Mori before either of us graduate from Ouran Academy...  She looked back at her reflection.  I suppose it wouldn't be that bad, but it still wouldn't seem right.  We should make it to college first, if not all the way through.  Finally, the elevator stopped, and the doors opened.  Mori frowned and looked up at the floor display.  Mariska looked up, too, and saw that they had stopped a level short of where the car was parked.

"Mori, I thought we parked on level 2, not level 3..."  He narrowed his eyes as he studied the dimly lit garage before them.

"Mariska, when I tell you to, close the elevator doors and go back to my father..."  Mariska swallowed hard as she looked around.

"Mori...  What's wrong...?"  When he didn't respond, she felt her heart beat hard against her chest.  "Mori...?"  Suddenly, they heard the rev of a car engine, and a black car came flying right at them at high speed.  Mori moved in front of Mariska, shielding her from the open elevator door as the car quickly gained on them.  Without warning, it came to a stop just a few feet from the elevator, and several masked men got out of the car and started towards them.