Chapter 9

Outside the house, everything seemed to grow still.  Sendo was looking from his son to Ritsu, both of whom were silent.  Before long, he spoke.
"I guess there has been a bit of a misunderstanding, but I think we can work around that."  He nodded at one of the men.  "Go retrieve the girl."  As a few men left, he looked back at Ritsu.  "You stole my own son's allegiance, young Kasanoda, and you will pay."  Before long, the two returned with the guards from outside the room Mariska had Bern imprisoned in.
"My lord, she's gone."  Sendo stood and glared at them.
"Go find her...  NOW!"  Several men followed them into the house as they scrambled to go find Mariska.
Nearby, Kyoya noticed the disturbance and pulled out his phone.
"Well, this can't be any good..."

Mariska felt a vibration come from Mori's pocket as he pulled her close to him and glanced down the hall, looking for any guards.  Finally, he answered the phone.
"Yeah?"  It was Kyoya.
"You might want to hurry.  They've noticed something's going on, and I don't want you to run into any trouble."  Even though Mori was worried, one look at Mariska, and he knew he couldn't show it.  So, he nodded.
"We're on our way out."  As he hung up, Mariska frowned a little.
"What's wrong?"  He smiled for her sake and took her hand.
"It's nothing.  Let's go."  Before they could take one step, they found themselves face to face with men from the Sendo syndicate.  One started yelling into his phone.
"We have intruders!"  At once, they pulled out their guns and took aim.  "Release the girl at once, or we'll shoot you where you stand."  Mori pushed Mariska behind him as Hunny's face darkened as he looked from the soldiers to his cousin.
"Let's show them what happens when they mess with our friends."  With that, they attacked.

Outside, Sendo cursed as he hung up and turned to his men.
"Young Morinozuka and young Haninozuka have gotten in!  Full lock down, now!"  Immediately, they started to shut the gates of the Sendo syndicate.  Ritsu and Tetsuya both raced out, barely making it out before the heavy gates were shut and locked.  Ritsu breathed hard as Kyoya approached him.
"They were discovered...  What do we do know?"  Kyoya sighed and shook his head as he looked at his phone.
"We move to plan B..."  He called Tamaki.
"Tell the men to go.  Mori and Hunny may need some help."  As he hung up, he turned to examine the gate.  "Now, how will we get in?"

More and more people came charging down the hallway, and Mori and Hunny kept fighting them off one by one.  Mariska, who knew she stood no chance against any of these men, silently backed off, looking for a way out, but she knew she couldn't leave Mori and Hunny behind.  So, instead, she knelt down in a corner and watched them fight.  Before long, she was grabbed from behind.
"I got her!"  One of the men shouted to her captor.
"Take her to the lord."  She cried out in pain as he wretched her arms behind her back, and Mori turned to face the man.  He pried the man's hands off her before flinging him into one of the other men.  As soon as she was free, he faced her.
"Run."  She nodded and took off down the hallway, fearing what would happen to Mori and Hunny, but she was also concerned about Mori's instructions.  She fought to console herself as she made her way through the house.
He knows what he's doing...  He's more worried about my safety.  She ran straight outside and right into Sendo, who smirked as he pushed her to the ground.
"Leaving so soon?"  As he spoke, Mori and Hunny were lead outside, escorted by several bruised, heavily armed men.  He sneered as he approached Mori and looked him over from head to toe.  "The future of the Morinozuka family...?"  He started to laugh as he looked at Hunny.  "And the future of the Haninozuka family?!?"  He laughed as one of his men handed him a gun.  "Oh, that's rich."  He waved the gun a little as he looked between the two.  "Now, who do I kill first...?"  He aimed at Mori, who simply glared at him, despite the fact that several men restrained him from fighting back.  Never once did his face betray him, but he was really worried.
If I die, what will happen to Mariska?  I can't let him win...  As Sendo cocked the gun, Mariska leaped into action.
"No!"  She caught his arm and lowered the gun away from Mori as Sendo pulled the trigger.
The gun went off, and Mariska crumpled, the bullet having hit her shoulder.  Everything was silent as everyone stared at her in shock.  She cried softly as she rolled over and looked at Mori, who was most surprised of all.  Suddenly, as her eyes dropped shut in pain, something inside him snapped as he glared at Sendo.
"Now, you've done it..."  With that, he freed himself, sending men flying everywhere and attacked, freeing Hunny in the process.
Meanwhile, the Black Onion Squad breached the gates and poured into the courtyard, taking down the Sendo men.  Before long, every man who was a part of the Sendo syndicate was under arrest and was being transported away.  Tamaki and the others arrived as the prisoners were taken away.
"What a good thing we've done.  We've saved young Mariska..."  Haruhi stopped him mid sentence and pointed at Mori, who knelt down beside Mariska, frowning as he examined her wound.  Kyoya knelt down beside him and placed a hand on his shoulder.
"It was just her shoulder, but you'd think they would have avoided hitting her.  What happened?"  Hunny knelt down beside him.
"They were going to shoot Takashi...  She just jumped up and tried to stop them, but she got hurt."  Anyone could tell he was shaken, too.  Mariska opened her eyes and grimaced in pain.
"I'm sure it's nothing..."  Kyoya nodded at one of the men, who brought over a first aid kit.
"We'll leave that to the professionals to decide.  In the meantime, let's get you fixed up before..."  They both looked over when they heard a thump and saw Mori collapse.  Hikaru and Karou both raced over to his side.
"Wow, I think he's finally passed out..."  Karou poked Mori's shoulder while he spoke.
"I'm surprised he held out for so long.  He must have been really worried about Mariska."  As Tamaki and Kyoya helped Mori to the car, Hikaru and Karou helped get Hunny to another car while Haruhi helped get Mariska to an ambulance.  Finally safe, Mariska fell asleep.