Chapter 8

Mariska looked up from the ground as a small ray of light cracked across the room and looked around. She was tied to a chair, and someone approached her.
"So, this is the heiress to the Onikan company? She's young, but she'll be great for ransom." Someone stepped between her and the light, shielding her eyes for a moment. She looked up and saw the godfather of the Sendo syndicate. He smiled as he cupped her chin in his hand. "My son would love you, my dear." She thought back to when she met Tetsuya before she quit seeing Ritsu. The boy never really wanted to do with her unless he was keeping an eye on her for Ritsu.
As soon as Sendo was gone, she struggled against her bonds. Her wrists were tied to the chair arms, and her feet were tied together. Outside the room, she heard voices.
"Be sure to keep an eye on her. If we want Kasanoda to cooperate, we need her as leverage." The second voice sneered.
"And if he doesn't show, sir?" She heard a harsh chuckle.
"Oh, he will. And, he'll pay for taking my son." Mariska struggled against her bonds.
I have to get out of here. They'll hurt Ritsu, and I have to warn him. But how will I escape? By herself, she began to formulate a plan of her own.

"Now, everyone remember their parts?" Kyoya looked from each member of the Host Club to Ritsu. Ritsu nodded and recited his part.
"Tetsuya and I will go with a few men to cause a distraction while Morinozuka and Haninozuka sneak in the back." Hunny's face darkened as he nodded.
"And Takashi and I will sneak in and find Mariska and help get her out." Tamaki frowned a little.
"What about Haruhi, Hikaru, Karou, and myself?" Kyoya sighed and pressed his glasses up his face.
"You will be standing guard with several members of my family's private police force. Should things take a turn for the worst, they will jump in and help all of us get out of this in one piece." Ritsu frowned at Kyoya.
"What will you be doing?" Kyoya smiled a little.
"Usually, I wouldn't get involved, but, since I'm quiet fond of Mariska for Mori's sake, I will be posted nearby to signal Tamaki if things start to get out of hand." Mori nodded and crossed his arms.
"Good enough. Let's go..."

"I don't think I can do this, young lord..." Ritsu put a comforting hand on Tetsuya's shoulder.
"It'll be okay, Tetsuya. I promise, but we have to help Mariska." Tetsuya took a deep breath and nodded.
"You're right, young lord. For Mariska..."

"Hey, guess what..." Mariska looked up as Sendo entered the room. "My son's being returned to me, thanks to your beloved young Kasanoda. Perhaps I should thank you..." She leaned away from him as he knelt down beside her. "Maybe my son should become your betrothed..." When she didn't respond, he chuckled. "Of course, your father might not approve of that, but he won't find out until after whatever little ceremony we have to celebrate your union." She felt sick to her stomach.
Married to the next godfather of a gang? She was in love with Takashi, and she hoped he was searching for her as he spoke. She finally worked up a little courage and looked him in the eye.
"No... I won't marry him. You can't make me." Sendo's eyes narrowed as he stood up and back-handed her across the face hard enough to make her tear up instantly. She fought back her tears bravely as he sneered at her.
"And, once you're married to my son, the first thing you will do is learn a little respect." As soon as he was gone, she let the tears run freely down her face.
What if he's not looking for me? What if he doesn't care about me like I thought and hoped he did? What if... If... What if I'm left here to face them myself?

Just outside, Ritsu and Tetsuya arrived with a few men from the Kasanoda syndicate, according to Kyoya's plan. Soon enough, all the men from the Sendo syndicate were out in the courtyard, watching as Tetsuya and Ritsu approached their godfather. As soon as they were within range, Tetsuya knelt down.
"Father, I have returned, but, please, have mercy on young Kasanoda. I ran away, so I am to blame. Young Kasanoda had no part in it." Sendo looked from his son to Ritsu, who kept his head down.
"How am I to know this is no trick?"

Kyoya sat on a bench a little ways from the entrance to the Sendo syndicate, watching the events unfold. While Ritsu and Tetsuya spoke with Sendo, Kyoya watched as Mori and Hunny snuck over the back wall and into the house.

"Come on, Takashi... We have to find Mariska." Mori followed Hunny through the seemingly abandoned home, searching each room for Mariska.
Finally, they came across 2 guards and realized that she had to be there. Be careful not to cause a disturbance, they quickly took out the guards and opened the door. Mariska was there, tied to a chair, silently sobbing, and she trembled as she spoke, refusing to look at them.
"Please, just let me go and don't hurt me..." Mori fought his own feelings as he knelt down and cupped her chin in his hand, tilting her head to look up at him.
"Why would we hurt you?" Through her tears, her eyes lit up.
"Takashi... You came for me." He smiled a little as Hunny helped him untie her.
"Of course I did." Hunny bounced a little.
"Takashi was really worried about you, Mariska. He was almost as bad as Tama-chan gets when he's upset." Mariska smiled a little as she stood and gingerly rubbed at the site spots on her wrists.
"Thank you..." Mori smiled even more.
"Don't thank us yet. We still have to get you out of here..."

Engaged to Morinozuka  (an Ouran High School Host Club fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें