Chapter 34 - Just Think About It

Five boys found themselves staring at each other in the same lesson room after school ended for that day.

"What's this about?!" the blonde with the fedora was the first to voice his confusion.

"Apparently, we've been all called here by Haru-chan." the tallest among them answered which made the shorter blonde turn around while he was holding up the letter he received.

"Wait a min-!"

"Not all of us were called here by little lamb, I'm afraid." the ginger leaning on the piano in the back cut in.

"Huh, what do you mean?" the redhead asked, knitting his eyebrows together.

"My letter's from Y/N." Syo said holding up his letter which was clearly different from that of the other boys.

"As is mine." Ren added in but kept his arms crossed.

Before any more questions could be asked, the door opened again and a blue haired male joined the small group, now making six of them.

"You got the summons too, Ichi?" the question made Ichinose stop and take a glance at all the others in the room.

Silence consumed them as they all decided to get lost in their own thoughts, trying to figure out why all of them were called here by two different girls.

As time passed, they changed their positions but no one spoke until Syo decided to change that by wanting the answer to the questions that bothered all of them.

"Why did Y/N and Nanami call all the six of us here?" he asked, sitting backwards on the chair that was next to the piano.

"We evidently have a commonality." Nastuki spoke his thoughts but Syo decided to correct him.

"Not all of us," he said. "Ren and I were called here by Y/N, remember?"

"That means that there has to be something more to this then just four of us choosing Nanami to be our partner!" Otoya concluded.

"Wait, then you put down Nanami's name down without telling me, Tokiya?!" he continued, turning his attention to Tokiya.

"There was no need to tell you." was his simple answer as he kept his arms crossed.

"You're so cold to me..." Otoya mumbled under his breaths, crying anime tears.

"More importantly, Y/N nor Nanami are here!" Syo cut in, having enough of their one sided bickering.

"But all of us are here." this made everyone turn their attention to the ginger that was sitting on a chair next to the window with his legs propped on the windowsill.

"So why don't we settle this among ourselves with no hard feelings before the ladies come?" he suggested, giving them all a smirk.

Syo was the first to agree as he slammed his fist into his palm, "Fine with me!"

"How are we gonna settle it?" 

"Any way you like..." Ren shrugged before continuing, "I know I'm going to win, anyways."

"A little arrogant, aren't we, Ren?" 

Too caught up in their world, no one heard the door opening and someone walking into the lesson room.

They all quickly turned to the newcomer to see that it's Y/N standing there with her arms crossed and an eyebrow raised in question.

"One of the things you love about me, my lady, isn't it?" he fired back with a smirk.

"Sure, keep telling yourself that." she sighed before her eyes widened and she looked at all the boys in the room.

"We're sorry for making you, boys wait." she said, giving them a sheepish smile. "Haru-chan's on her way, she just needed to go back to get something."

Just as she finished her sentence, the door opened again and Haruka quickly walked in with a gentle smile on her lips.

"Sorry!" she said, a bit out of breath. "We just finished."

"Just finished?" Masato asked.

Haruka glanced at Y/N and she gave her a gentle smile before walking over to stand next to her and nodding as if to encourage her.

"This." she extended her hands filled with papers towards them. "Please, take a look at it."

They all took it and started reading through the music notes while Haruka took a hold of Y/N hand and Y/N gently squeezed it to calm her down a bit.

"This song is..." Ren was the first to speak, looking up from the paper with a shocked look on his features.

"It's a song meant for six people." Y/N answered, nodding.

"We wanted to create a group song!" Haruka continued, wanting to explain their idea.

All the boy stayed quiet which made Haruka a bit nervous but Y/N was the one that put her hand on Haruka's shoulder and took the lead so that she could explain the situation.

"Syo, Ren..." she started and the two said boys gave Y/N their full attention. "You put my name for your desired partner which I was ecstatic about but I never got the chance to tell you why that was a problem for me."

Feeling eyes boring into her soul, she glanced to the side to see that the owner of those eyes was Masato. He knew what she was talking about but that didn't stop him from being just as curious as the rest.

"The headmaster thought that just composing or singing a song for the final assignment was too easy for me." she said, glancing to the side before meeting their eyes again. "So, he changed it up - quite a lot at that. He wants me to compose a song entirely by myself and help another with a part of their song."

"And as for Haru-chan," she started again but before she could continue, Haruka found her voice. 

"All four of you chose me to be your partner and I can't even put into words how happy that makes me," she looked to the ground and her voice got quieter, "But them I had to choose one of you..."

Her eyes glazed over a bit and she let out a breath to try and calm herself. "And, even though you all thought sincerely of me, I just couldn't come up with an answer."

"I'm sorry/I'm so sorry." they both said at the same time and bowed to all six of them.

To say they were shock was an understatement. Firstly, they were shocked by what Y/N had to do all by herself and secondly, for as long as they've known her, she never bowed. Which led them to the same though - she feels real bad about what happened and the guilt is probably eating her alive.

And as for Haruka, all of them were touched by what she said and what she tried to do.

"But them we got an idea," Haruka said as she was still bowing to them before Y/N continued.

"What if all six of you got together?"

"Y/N, you helped by composing some of the parts and thus doing what the headmaster demanded of you?" Masato asked.

"Yes but that's not the only reason," Y/N said as she straightened up. "I truly believe that all of you would sound amazing together. Plus, I wanted to help the best way I could."

"And you wrote this song because you couldn't choose just one of us?" at his question, Haruka quickly looked up.

"No! That's not what it is, Hijirikawa-san!"

"Ittoki-kun, Jinguji-san, Syo-kun, Shinomiya-san, Ichinose-san..." Haruka started, "It's strange but I feel like I may never meet anyone else as wonderful as all of you."

"I agree completely with Haru-chan." Y/N decided to throw in her thoughts. "All of you are amazing and it would be an awful shame for this dream to come to an end."

"This dream mustn't end..." as Haruka spoke again, Y/N turned her attention from the boys to her. "So, if you sing together, I'm sure it'll warm your hearts and lift your spirits."

"If you do this, if you decide to sing together," Y/N spoke, her eyes trained on the ground as a gentle smile played on her lips. "You would make a harmony that would be heavenly, not just to the ear but to the heart as well."

"A miraculous harmony will be born then!"

All the boys stood there in silence, thinking it over and leaving the two girls to drown in anticipation.