Chapter thirty seven: Returning to reality

Nina P.O.V

“Do you have all your stuff?” Sadie asked while she looked through her own bag, for the fourth time… mostly because she is the type who forgets everything all the places she is. I nodded quickly, I hadn´t packed that much, so I didn´t had so much to pack. The only things missing was the things I should use in the morning. Right now the only thing left was my pajamas and some small stuff, which I should remember in the morning. We just packed most of it now. Sadie had stressed around about that we were going home tomorrow the whole evening. It was almost laughable.

“I am sure I´ll forget something some day.” She said and took her confused to her head. I pulled on my shoulders.

“Sad, one day you´ll even forget yourself.” I said and actually tried to smile to her. But it was just that every time I tried to smile to her the last days, she had looked sadly at me. But I wasn´t that much as before. She had actually been very happy and fooled around with me the last hours. It was nice some way, I had actually also stayed inside after mom and Sadie had made me do it. The beach didn’t even speak to me any more… Maybe because I had sit down there too much?

“Nina, that´s already happened.. Do you remember that day in sixth grade where I had slept over myself? One: I fell on the way, because I had forgotten to tie my laces. Two: My shirts was inside out. Three: I had only made one braid in the one side of my hair: Four: I had putted on two different socks.. Do I have to continue?” She asked smiling. I actually laughed a little at her and could actually remember when she fell into the door, because she fell in her laces and how I had walked with her out and fixed her clothes and hair. I smiled a little over the small memory and saw Sadie actually smiled back to me.

“You have such a wonderful smile, do you know that?” She asked happily. I looked a little confused at her.

“Why do you say that?” I asked and smiled again to her, but this time she didn´t smiled back to me.

“I miss seeing you smile.” She said quietly. I sighed and turned away from her again.

“Stop it, I smile all the time. I actually think I saw one of your tops out on the bathroom.” I said quickly. She just nodded and then zipped her bag.

“I´ve checked four times and I can´t find anything, anyways I can always get it back when we come back.” She said. I nodded quickly and removed my bag from my bed. She looked at the clock.

”We should go to bed, my dad´ll wakes us up around 08:00 in the morning.” I said. Sadie nodded a little and bit her lip.

”How long does it takes to come home from here?” She asked smiling. I just looked at her and thought a little.

”Arounf two hours, but then we also have to be lucky. That´s why we´ll drive around 10:00, but dad means we´ll then be home around 1:00” I said. Sadie bit her lip a little and nodded.

“Hmm… 1:00 That´s enough time.” She said quietly, but I still heard it.

“Time enough for what?” I asked. She quickly looked up at me.

”Nothing, I just talked to myself.” She said and smiled. I just smiled confused again. I quickly walked out on the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Even if I had sit down in the shadow when I had been at the beach, then I still had got some color, especially in my cheeks. Or was it because I had eaten a lot today and then got some vitamins? I didn´t really knew, but I definitely liked the more red color in my cheeks. I brushed my hair and walked into my room again. Sadie stood with her phone and typed a little on the screen.

"Something exciting?" I asked when I walked over to the double bed. Sadie sighed and shook her head.

"Nope, just my  mom who wanted to say goodnight." She said and turned off her phone. I nodded and pulled up my own phone. I had checked my Facebook several times today, and there weren´t nothing special since the last time I checked, so I just turned it off too and putted it on the nightstand next to my bed. I laid down under the comforter and turned off my light. I heard Sadie came into the room from the bathroom. She typed eagerly on the screen.