Chapter six: Surprise

Niall P.O.V

I drove in a couple of hours, but it didn't feel as such a long time. Cause most of the way to Portsmouth was the freeway. I drove directly to her house, because I could remember the way from the weekend. Just to the right at the crossing till you came to the neighborhood, and then you just had to find the unique house between the hundreds of same houses, but this had a giant tree in the front yard, which compared to others, they couldn't keep. I found the house pretty quickly, and I could see there weren't any car in the parking lot. Wasn't she home yet? But then I reminded myself that she did go to school. I parked the car infront of the fence and stepped out of the car. I had made sure to take the hood from my sweatshirt over my head. Fans were the last thing I wanted right now. I walked over and knocked on the door, a little time passe, but then I heard a familiar voice yell:

“Coming!” The door opened and I saw Nina directly in her eyes. Her jaw could have fallen all of her head, if it was possible.

“Niall!?” She exclaimed and looked out on the street as if anybody was there, and pulled me inside.

“Niall… Are you nuts?! People could have seen you and then the whole neighborhood would be bombed with paparazzi’s… and the people would ask what you were doing in my house, and I would need to tell the whole school about what I actually did in the weekend!” She freaked out and hyperventilated a little. I walked over and laid my hands on her shoulders.

“Relax Nina, nobody saw me. I promise… And why would you tell them about the weekend. I thought you had talked loudly about it.” I said and laughed a little. Nina shook her head while she sighed heavily.

”Not at all. All my friends would think I was crazy. It doesn't even matter, but Niall… You need to call and say you're coming…I thought..”

 ”I'd first come on Saturday?” I interrupted. She nodded and sat carefully down on the couch. I laughed a Little.

”I couldn't wait, I'm sorry Nina. I just couldn't.” I said honestly. She sighed and then smiled at me. I smiled back and leaned back next to her in the couch. She looked at me and then began to laugh, not just a little laughter she laughed a lot, and I just sat there all awkwardly and smiled at her, without knowing why she laughed.

“Seriously Niall… Are you sure you are feeling well? You've droven all the way from London. Just to see me." She said and smiled brighly at me. I looked down on the floor and blushed a little.

“I'm sorry… I don't know what happened to me.” I said and then looked at her. She looked me deep in the eyes and laid her head titled.

“You are not all normal Niall Horan.” She said and laughed. I shrugged

“You just have a weird effect on me unfortunately, Nina Andrews.” I said. She looked down on the floor and blushed, just like me

”Everybody has an effect on each other in some way.” She said in her intelligent smart way and then smiled. I laughed and laid my hands next to me.

We sat there in a little while without actually saying anything, just sat there without looking at each other… or anything special. We didn't focus on anything specific. The only thing that broke the silence was when I felt Nina's warm hand on mine.

“Let me show you my room.” She said and got up from the couch. I followed her up to the first floor. We walked through a little hall, down to the left where we walked into a little room. It was small, but it was neither big, it was eased. The walls were white with small pictures and clippings sticked on different Places, the bed was a fence bed with a veil over it, her closet was tree brown and the same color was her little simple desk. There was also a bookshelf filled to the edge with books. I walked over to her desk where a pair of pictureframes stood. Some of the pictures were with her together with other girls, or together with two adults. (I expected it was her parents) But there also were some pictures of her and a Boy.

“Who's he?” I asked. She had stood over and looked out of the window and then walked over to me, and looked at the picture, took it in her own hands and smiled. She actually smiled for a long time.

“He's… an old friend.” She said and gave me back the picture and walked over to the bookcase and looked at all the thick books. But I was curious too hear about the “Old friend”

“What was his name?” I asked. Nina still looked at the books, but she could still answer me.

“Lucas… His name was… Is Lucas.” She corrected and then took a book out of a giant bunch and lay in her bed with it. I walked over and looked at her bookcase. There were many forms of literature… both inside the fiction and the nonfiction.

”I love to read, then my head gets challenged. And then I love to read literature, there has something to do with the World. You need to know something about the world and its structure. Our structure as people.” She said and looked down in the book again. I nodded understanding.

”But you also have many other books other girls read.” I said and laughed. She laughed too.

“I need to keep up right? It doesn't work if I don't understand anything about that vampire and werewolf stuff, when it's the only thing it can be about before the girls gets close to a book. So I must keep up with the beet.” She said and got up from the bed and walked over next to me. She laid her book about philosophy back on its place and kept standing next to me. I turned crooked against her.

”The girls on my school are superficial. They don't understand the beautifulness in our daily life. They don't understand there is something else than fake beauty, iPhones, and to have over one hundred likes on your profile picture on Facebook. I have tried many times to understand them, but it doesn't work. My brain can't think that low.” She said and sighed and turned around against me. I looked her down in the eyes. She looked down in the ground.

”I like when girls are different, then they aren't that same compared to other girls.” I said. Nina giggled and then looked me in the eyes.

”If only every boy were like you on my school, then it could be that the girls would understand. And then it could be that my brain didn't needed to concentrate that much on the small conversations, which some place is boring me to death.” She said and laid her neck back and rolled a little with her head. I chuckled.

“You are having it very hard, huh?” I said. She looked hard at me but with a blink in her eye.

”I'm dying inside. Take me away Niall… Take me to Narnia or Terabithia, Nangiala. I don't care, as long as it's not here. Take me to a place with smart people who don't think about make-up and gossip all the time.” She said. I looked at all her books and then sighed.

”Give me three days. Then I'll take you to Narnia.” I said and laughed. Nina giggled and then curtsied.

“Thank you very much Niall. I will look forward to around three days then.” She said with a formal voice and then curtsied Again. I laughed and bowed.

“Will the miss like some tea on the trip, or should I pick her up in a nice chariot?” I said and chuckled and the same did Nina.

“It would pleasure me a lot, but make sure the horses are clean, we wouldn't want to have that their dirt ruin my outfit.” She said like an old nice lady. I nodded.

“I'll make sure the horses are clean in three days, so your beautiful dress won't get ruined by their dirt.” I said as nicely and smart as I could and then we both broke into laughter.