Chapter Thirty - Could a girl ask for anything more?

Chapter thirty – could a girl ask for anything more?

Graduation day

Nicole's POV

I sighed rolling my eyes. I looked back into the mirror and grumbled. I was huge. Exactly seven and a half months pregnant. I couldn't find anything to wear to graduation.

Yep, I'm still graduating. I couldn't believe it. I stayed in school until term three and then term four I did home school and when I handed in the assignments completed to the school they're willing to let me graduate. I was excited. So were my parents.

Surprisingly everyone didn't think too much of me being pregnant. Though a few girls did say some nasty stuff but Martha and June said they had dealt with it. I was glad because right now I didn't need the stress. I grumble and again and turn around refusing to look in the mirror.

Lucas rolled his eyes. He was lying on my bed, hands behind his head casually like everything was all cool. I glared at him and slumped my shoulders.

'why don't you just wear your jeans?' he said sighing.

'um hello, this is graduation not some casual outing' I grumbled and he grinned.

'someone's cranky'

'shut up'

'don't take it out on me'

'I'm not'

'you kind of are' he says smirking at me and I glare at him.

'I'm going to wear my blue dress'

'finally a decision'

'shut up' I whined throwing the seat pillow at him. He laughed grabbing it before it hit him.

'this is all your fault. You do realise I'm never going to forgive you for making me fat' I mumbled walking into my bathroom for the blue dress, probably scattered on the floor like my other dresses.

'you aren't fat'

'yes I am'

'no you aren't...just pregnant'

'is there a difference?' I yelled returning to the room with the dress. I pull it over my head. It was a snug fit and it hid my bump a little but it still stood out. Lucas stood up crossing the room to me.

'gorgeous' he stated kissing my cheek.

'asshole' I shoved him and he laughed grabbing my hand.

'shhh, he can hear you, you know' he tapped my belly and then opened my door.

'well then he'll realise how much of an ass his father is'

'a sexy ass though, right?'

'sometimes'

'I can live with that' he declared running down the hall and into my dad. Dad fumbled dropping his keys and Lucas bent and picked them up.

'quick prego on the loose and she's angry' Lucas declared and my dad laughed. Mum came out slapping the back of his head and I smirked walking down the hall way.

'be nice' she said grabbing my hand and pulling me down the rest of the hallway and into the kitchen. I stepped into my ballet flats and pulled down my dress more.

'you look lovely, Nicole' dad commented patting my back and I pouted. Lucas took my hand and squeezed it.

'thanks daddy' dad kissed my cheek and mum moved and hugged me.

'gosh you're so big and you're graduating'

'don't say that' Lucas warned mum and she giggled. I glared at her.