Chapter Six - Defeat and giving in...

Chapter six – defeat and giving in...

Lucas's POV

'...whatever' she replied rolling her eyes and I smirked.

'defeat'

I thought my world had been perfect, you know kissing my crush and all but shocking everyone around us and me even more. Nicole grabbed my shirt and pulled me down to her. It was like she was addicted. I knew crushing on her was beyond my usual but this, feeling her pull me closer to her gripping me tighter. It made me happier than words could say.

I think more than enough time passed because someone coughed loudly and I reluctantly pulled away from her to see coach standing there with a warning face. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Nicole. She was blushing madly and I smirked.

'couldn't stay away could you?' I teased and believe it or not but she went ever redder.

'asshole' she grumbled hitting me. She stomped away up to the bleachers and a group of people laughed. I turned looking at my team members laughing on the side lines. I glared at them before returning back to paying attention to coach.

The try outs were average. Half the guys weren't even that good but I sat through it. Although I must admit I'd been watching her most of the time. My whole world seemed to light up seeing her smile. She had the big smile plastered on her face as she watched the ball go up then down. She occasionally caught me looking at her and I couldn't help but smirk.

'so plan on doing the big trick at finals?' curt asked me and I looked up at him.

'you so sure we're getting to finals?'

'hell yeah we will. We always do'

'true dat' mike says smirking paying attention to our conversation.

'yeah but tonal down the whole making out with Nicole man' curt groaned glaring at me. I smirked.

'what can I say? She's that good' I said looking over at her.

'you very well know how many guys have bid on her for the player contest. You can't pull out now' mike warned and groaned remembering the stupid game we'd been playing since tenth grade. Guys bid on girls to see who would score with her first and this year every guy seemed to be bidding on Nicole. Apparently she'd gotten way hotter over the summer, not that I could see any difference. She still looked like the same gorgeous babe from grade eleven.

'I know but if I can snatch her in time all bids will cancel out and I'll be disqualified' I said and they all gasped turning to me. I'd considering quitting this year too. I didn't want to be a part of the stupid game anymore.

'dude, do you know how many guys are cheering for you? You back out now, Kyle will win for sure'

'um...he's already out'

'why? How? Who? What? When? Why?'

'you said why twice'

'who gives a shit! I want the details'

'um dipshit it's obvious, he's going out with Martha'

'since when?'

'since Wednesday'

'f***ing pussy whipped. Now you can't back out'

'why the hell not?'

'because that would mean Dane wins'

'so...it'll be good for him, he's never come close'

'dude you're f***ing up the whole system'

'you'll get over it' I rolled my eyes looking back at the ten guys left. The others had been shooed away already.