Chapter Ten - Driving you crazy, it's my little game

Chapter ten – driving you crazy, it's my game

Nicole's POV

Riding back to my house on the bikes at late afternoon I couldn't help but regret what I'd mentioned this morning. I wanted to ride with Lucas again, to feel him again. No matter how much I wanted to I needed to give Martha confidence to go after Kyle. Kyle was already chasing her.

When we got back up to my house I guided them back into the shed, we came out laughing as Kyle tripped over onto his face. I hear another laugh, more women like. I looked up to see my mum standing on the veranda by a huge plate of cookies and a jar of juice. God I love my mum.

'hey mum' I cheered climbing the stairs to hug her.

'hey sweetie, did we have a fun?' she asks rubbing my back before pulling back. I nod pulling my jacket off and throwing it onto the chair. I grabbed a cookie at the same time Martha did.

'hey Mrs. Right' Martha and June greeted together. June grabbed two cookies handing one to Nathan. He smirked waving to mum while he shoved the cookie into his mouth.

'so mum this is Kyle...and Lucas' I say hesitating on Lucas's name. Mum smiles gesturing to the cookies.

'hello boys, please do take one'

'thanks' Kyle says while Lucas looks at me scared. He knew my mum didn't like him much. I wondered why she didn't. I'd have to ask her later.

'wait...Lucas as in Lucas Anderson?' she asks me glancing at Lucas once.

'yes mum' I said looking at her, begging her to be nice.

'oh how wonderful, do take a cookie' mum says as Lucas walks up the stairs slowly taking a cookie and standing next to Kyle. I warned mum and she waved me away pouring glass of juice, handing them out.

'so anything happening tonight Nicole?' mum asked when everyone began drinking their drinks. She handed me the last one and smiled sweetly.

'um...can I stay over Martha's?' I ask and Martha chokes on the water a little. She had another date with Kyle tonight but I wasn't actually going to stay over her's, I wanted to go to Lucas's. Kyle frowned asking Martha what was wrong.

'sure if it's alright with Martha's parents of course' mum turned to look at Martha. I begged Martha with my eyes and Martha sighed nodding.

'yeah it's cool'

'okay the, it's settled. I'll see you all later'

'bye' we all chirped and mum waved heading into the house. Once I heard the front door close I assumed it was safe to talk.

'explain yourself' Martha demanded.

'it was just an excuse' I said and Martha thought about it before it clicked.

'oh right, cool. So what are you doing tonight then?'

'for me to know'

'you are so evil' she rolled her eyes and I laughed shrugging.

About an hour later I watched June and Nathan drive off in their car then turned to Martha fixing up my little duffle bag. I'd already packed my clothes to stay the night, well not at hers that's for sure.

'okay so I don't understand what's going on here, Martha and I are going out in like an hour' Kyle said grabbing everyone's attention. I look away from Lucas and Martha nods looking at me for answers.

'just take me to your house Martha, I'll explain there and Kyle no need to fret, you can have your woman wing womanless'

'okay, fine. so Lucas can you give us a lift?' Kyle says turning to Lucas who had completely zoned out.