Midnight

Allen pov: while I was bummed out because we didn't get to leave, Kanda made up for it with what he did next. As I laid in my stiff hospital bed he pulled out a book from a small shelf on the wall.

Kanda pov: If I can't take Allen on a date now then I'll have to take him later. We need to pass the time somehow however and I still think that the beansprout could get more rest. I got a book and opened it to page one and started reading aloud. After I finished the page I looked up to see an astonished Allen. "What have you never seen someone read before?"

"Oh no I just... I really like your voice especially when you read like this and no one has read me a story since Mana died." The beansprout looked down after saying the last part.

"Well just lay down and let me read you a bedtime story or a nap time story or whatever you want to call it." Flustered I turned to page two and started reading again as he adjusted his pillows. I was half way through chapter two when I noticed soft snores coming from Allen. He's still exhausted, I'm not surprised after what he went through. Well now that my little Moyashi is asleep again I can make a new plan for our date. It's going to have to be at night considering that we have to sneak out. A smile spread across my face imagining our night out.

Time skip:

It's been around four hours since night fell. I reached over to wake the Moyashi when he stirred towards me. "Kanda," he mumbled in his sleep. Embarrassed I froze. "I loved you," I waited to hear the rest now genuinely confused. "Why." Allen turned to face the other way and didn't say another word. What the hell just happened. I hesitated to wake him. What's he dreaming about? Allen rolled towards me, "I'm scared to go." The Moyashi looked like he was in pain and before waiting another second I shook him awake. When he first opened his eyes I spotted tears but they were quickly blinked away. I gently lifted Allen before he could question what I was doing and walked towards the window.

Allen:
What... Kanda just scooped me up like a princess I don't even know what I'm supposed to do just what? "Um Kanda." I said while blushing like a mad man "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing beansprout?" Kanda was now opening my window while still holding me.

"If I knew that I wouldn't be asking you now would I?" I tried to sound angry or at least sassy but instead I came off as soft and passive. And then Kanda started to climb out the window. Yeah our relationship is random but this is almost too damn much. I never imagined I would one day be carried out of a hospital window princess style at midnight by the person I like.