Chapter 13-the decision of my life

Ok, new chapter, this one is going to be depressing, *tear*

SUGGEST YOU GET SOME TISSUES IF YOU GET EMOTIONAL EASILY!

 Yeah, I have some right next to me…..love you all and thanks for reading my fan fic!!

 OVER 2000 READS! OMG SO EXCITED!

And on with the show….well, story, really, ANYWAY, read on…….

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked out of my Mum’s room, feeling like a zombie, probably looking like one too, mum was sleeping and I thought this would be the best time to see dad and make my decision on how he looks, mum told me that I had to make it, she would respect my decision no-matter what, she hadn’t seen dad but she wanted to.

‘Excuse me Nancy, could I please see my dad’ I whispered

She nodded and walked down a corridor, the walls were white, and we got the lift down to level 1.

She opened a door to reveal a lifeless but my still handsome dad. I ran forward and touched his face, he hadn’t shaved in a couple of days, his brown hair was all over his face, covering his eyes, I swept some away, he was so pale no words can describe, dad also looked so peaceful though.

‘Gabby, since your mum would like you to make the decision you will need to decide whether to keep the machines on or turn them off, you might be able to concentrate better you are in the room with him, most people do and I can sit with you if you would like?’

‘Thankyou Nancy, yes please ‘I went and sat next to dad in the chair next to him, I took his hand in my left. Dad’s hand felt life-less, like he had already left his body but his heart was still pumping, I already knew what my decision was but I wanted to hear what Nancy had to say about what would happen if I let my dad go.

‘What do you think I should do?’

‘It is hard, it is your father lying there, if I was in your position I would turn it off, he would like that, think of your dad’s situation like the end of a hem on a skirt, you get to the end and it is only holding on by one stitch, you father is only holding on by one stitch.’

I nodded, this was nothing like a skirt, you could just hem it back up, with my dad I can’t do anything, but I knew she was just trying to help.

‘So if I decide to turn the machine off what will happen?’

‘It will cut off the oxygen that it is supplying and your dad’s heart will stop and he will die. You aren’t taking your dad’s like Gabby, your mum knows that, I know that, your boyfriend knows that, your friends know that, and deep down inside you know that too, but you need to understand that, technically, your dad died as soon as the car hit him, all you’ll be doing is letting him go’

*Nancy’s POV*

Gabby bit her lip and rubbed her eyes with her free hand. I put my arm around her, ‘I know it is a hard decision to make, would you like me to leave you alone for a while?’

‘No, I don’t want to be left alone, there are so many good memories with Dad, the time where I spilt chocolate mixture all over him, when he told me we were going to have a baby, when he hugged me for the last time before he came to America, when he kissed me on the cheek, when he helped me paint my room and it got more on us that it did on the walls, all the little stuff, how he was allergic to peas, how he ate chocolate 24/7 but never went to the gym. When I came in this room I thought that I knew that I would keep Dad on life support, but, I think, that I have to let Dad go, Sorry’ she whispered to me as she started to cry again.