Happier (Joe Sugg)

Joe's POV :

I didn't expect to see her tonight, smiling as she stares at the dancefloor.

The boys and I decided to go out, trying to make me forget about her, but I can't.

Her smile illuminates the room, making my heart skip a beat but it suddenly breaks when I see her kissing another guy.

I keep thinking about that day, the day it all ended, the day I ended it...

Flashback :

« I'm sorry Y/N, but I think we should break up... » I say, my eyes string at the ground

« I dn't understand Joe, have I done something wrong ? » she whispers, her voice cracking

« No, you haven't done anything wrong, I just don't think that I'm the right guy for you, you deserve so much better than m.

I don't treat you well enough, I don't have time for you because of my job and I know that there is someone out there who will be there for you, I'm sorry... »

I hear her sob beside me, her hands hiding her face.

I sigh, feeling terrible that I put her in this state.

She sniffs and whispers :

« I'm going to go... » her words echoing in my head

She gets off the bed and grabs her bag before whispering :

« Goodbye Joe » her last words hit my heart before I heard her footsteps, the door closing, the house becoming silent.

I bring my knees to my chest, going back and forth and thinking over my decision :

Did I do the right thing to let her go ?

Of course I did... I hope I did

I knew that I wasn't enough for her, I knew that I didn't have enough time for her even if I tried, I knew that she wasn't entirely happy, when you ove someone and that you know that they are unhappy, you let them go, even if it hurts like hell...

End of flashback...

I keep thinking about that day where it all changed and where I realized how much she meant to me.

Today, I would do anything for her, I would give up everthing just to be with her.

When I told the gang, they all had pity in their eyes, especially Caspar who knew what was going on as I had told him about it.

I told them to stay friends with her no matter what, not wanting them to pick because that's just childish.

They never mentioned her name in my presence, or what she had become but I see now that she's happy with the man holding her, her smile illuminating the room and her eyes shining undetr the lights of the club.

My friends keep telling me that I will have that one day, I just wonder if I didn't already have it and made the mistake of letting it go.

She's happier now, but I don't know if I ever will be...

_______________________________________________________________________________Well hi there, my little chickadees ! I know this one is short but I was inspired by Ed Sheeran's new song.

I hope you guys enjoyed this and if you have any request , just comment or DM me.           Love ya !