"She's hot when she's mad though."

"Do you still have nightmares?" Camila's eyes were locked on her yellow washed ceiling as the beside lamp illuminated it. Her head was resting on Lauren's inked, outstretched arm and she felt at peace.

Camila felt utterly at peace there.

"Sometimes," Lauren replied, her eyes more focused on the girl beside her than having any interest in what the younger brunette was talking about. "And sometimes I just don't dream. And sometimes you're in my dreams, but then I never class them as nightmares."

"I dream about you too," The brown-eyed girl spoke just above a whisper, just enough for the air to allow the sound to travel and reach Lauren's keen ears. "I dream about you all the time even when you weren't with me. Sometimes it's just a pool of green, like your eyes. Sometimes it's your smile, but that one where you're peaceful, you know? Not those ones where you find something funny. Just...your peaceful smile. It's my favourite one. And then sometimes I see your entire face in my dreams...and you're looking at me and I swear...it's like I'm flying."

"You're getting very sappy here."

Camila shifted so she was laying on her side and facing Lauren.

"I don't ever want to waste a minute with you again," She ran her thin fingers through her girlfriend's dark locks. "And I don't know how I'm going to be able to go this time."

"It's just a week." Lauren whispered, though Camila's impending departure certainly weighed on both of them. "It's just for a week."

And then soft lips were touching her own, a slow, heated kiss that Lauren hadn't expected at all. Camila sighed into the kiss and Lauren tasted the girl's love for her, a silent declaration through the most primal of gestures.

Camila kissed her slowly and gently, but her lips were firm and sure.

She caused the hairs on Lauren's arms to rise and goosebumps to litter the pale skin, she caused a slow rising heat that started from the older girl's finger tips and it ended at her ears. Lauren felt everything there was to feel when you were in love and she relished it. Camila was alerting her body to the wonders that she could feel by the most simple of touches, the most delicate of touches.

The kiss had her mind spinning and her breath being caught in her throat and she didn't care much to breathe because Camila was kissing her. If Camila kissed her for a lifetime, Lauren was sure she'd never need air again. She could sustain herself just on the touch of the other girl's lips.

Camila slowly pulled away. "Maybe I should hold off for another week." Her eyes travelled down to Lauren's exposed torso and eyed the angry, red remnants of Lauren's bullet wound. It had yet to heal over completely, but the doctor had informed them to at least keep the dressing off overnight as avoid an infection from overheating it under all the dressing.

It was just a thin line, Lauren's stitches had dissolved and little scabs were marring her skin but it was a blazing red colour and it made Camila cringe internally.

"You'll turn that into another two weeks," Lauren reminded the brown eyed girl, tilting her chin up to draw her concentrated brown eyes away from her wound. "I'm okay now."

"I know," Camila buried her head in the pillow for a moment. "I still wanna be here though." She mumbled into the pillow before looking back to Lauren with that bottom lip jutted out.

"How terrified are you that I'll hang out with Lucy and get back into drugs?" Lauren sighed, bringing her hand up to touch the side of her girlfriend's face.

By now she was beginning to read Camila like a book and that underlying fear was always evident in her eyes. Lauren knew Camila had every right to be scared of what Lauren would do in her absence, it wasn't like the green-eyed girl inspired a big deal of trust in her actions thus far into their renewed relationship but Lauren was determined not to fuck things up again.