"I'm Lucy fucking Vives."

Normani, Dinah decided, was definitely growing just a little closer to her as the night progressed. Every room Dinah entered, Normani was sure to follow. And maybe it was the Texan being a protective friend, but they'd gone to plenty worse parties before and never had the girl lingered this much.

And it's not that Dinah was annoyed, by no means was she, but she was curious as to what sparked this sudden development. She wholeheartedly believed the blame fell on Lucy and her chatty mouth.

They were currently taking shots with Keana, a girl who had always been sort of a drifter at school but always attended parties. She was guaranteed to always volunteer first for shots and last to pass out. The girl was quiet, sort of lingered in the background but when it came to parties, she knew what went down. So Normani and Dinah were taking shots with Keana and Keana was sort of still quiet but downed every shot handed to her, she was an odd person to be around but Dinah figured it was better than hanging out with Normani alone right now.

She had no idea how to approach her best friend about what she'd been noticing.

Luckily, the reason for her problems turned out to be the one to save her.

"Guys!" Lucy exclaimed, all flustered and wide-eyed. "I think...shit, I think I just choked."

"On a dick?" Dinah instantly quipped.

"What?" The Latina sneered in disgust. "No, fuck, don't be gross." Lucy's eyes averted to Normani, everyone's eyes seemed to when they had a problem. "I think Alessia just hit on me."

"You think?" The dark-skinned girl scoffed. "How'd you figure?"

"I don't know, but she invited me to go find a bedroom with her..."

"Did you?"

"No!" Lucy put her hands over her face and groaned. "I choked!"

"Holy shit, you actually like this girl." Dinah chuckled. "You got played at your own game, I fucking love Alessia."

And Dinah just missed a certain look that flickered over Normani's eyes as she said the words, though Lucy didn't, but the Latina was too lost in her own problems to linger on her ship finally sort of leaving the docks.

"I don't get it, I totally fucking wanted to!" Lucy sighed, eyeing Keana with a frown before snatching the shot from in front of the girl and downing it. "I mean, have you seen her? She's a fucking goddess. She fucking said I was all talk."

"Baby girl, you sort of are." Normani sighed, pouring the girl another shot of vodka. "I mean, don't get me wrong, you talk a good game, even I was tempted more than a couple of times, but when it comes down to it...you're sort of like a puppy that chases its tail, but when you catch it, you have no fucking idea what to do with it."

And her words sort of irked Lucy because never had she been accused of being a coward, and that's sort of what Normani was suggesting...or that's how she was interpreting it.

"I'm not a little bitch." Lucy downed the shot offered to her again, sneering at the searing liquid that burned down her throat. "I'm Lucy fucking Vives."

She spun on her heels, slightly swaying as she did so but righted herself before any of the other girls could notice.

She was going to prove to Normani exactly who she was. Hell, she was going to show Alessia that she was the definition of wrong. Lucy wasn't some pushover little bitch, she stuck by her words and she was damn well going to prove it.

But she needed to play it cool for a while, she wanted Alessia to get the impression that she'd sort of won. She wanted the girl to feel this small victory before she snatched it away from her.