"I am in love with you."

Considering Camila had never entered Lauren's last room, she was more than a little curious about what she'd find in her current one. She expected all black walls with next to nothing on them, maybe red bedding to contrast with the darkness and furniture fitting Lauren's Spartan nature.

What she found instead was the exact opposite and she was glad the green-eyed girl offered to bring her bag in because she was sure she would've dropped it in shock.

Lauren's room was light, her currents were open and the sunlight was effortlessly streaming in. Her walls had paintings on them that showed trees with different tones of brown and yellow flowers that littered the ground the trees resided on. Lauren's walls were canvases and she, as the artist, was turning them into masterpieces.

Camila took note of the computer on Lauren's white wood desk and the pages and stationery littered around it. She saw how dishevelled the girl's bed was and how most of her shoes were sprawled all around the place.

She eyed the dream catchers hanging from the ceiling and the globed fairy-lights that outlined the room. Everything was so airy and fresh and lacked that distinctive smokey scent Lauren always carried around with her.

It was beautiful.

It was blissful.

Camila slowly made her way over to the desk and noticed an open book faced down on it, picking it up she was surprised by the title The Book Thief, it was her favourite novel. She remembered going on and on about it to Lauren and finding the green-eyed girl more than a little disinterested in it.

"I'm up to where the Jewish guy is staying in the basement." Camila was surprised by how close Lauren's voice was and when she turned around, their bodies were an inch apart and Lauren eyes were searching for hers just as quickly as hers were looking for the familiar green ones. "You were right, it's a good book."

"You read now?" The younger girl placed the book back down behind her without breaking eye contact with the raven-haired girl once.

"I told you," Lauren reached up and braved a touch to Camila's cheek, the familiar heat sparking between both girls and Camila closing her eyes for a moment as she felt her heart swell. "So many things are different now."

"You're getting better." The brunette's voice came out breathy. "You did it without me."

"I did it because of you."

And it was like Lauren had no control of her body at that moment, it was like every single bit of longing for the girl in front of her suddenly hit her all at once and she dropped her head quickly, their lips touching in sweet desperation for one another.

Camila's arms looped Lauren's neck like they always did before and Lauren's pale hands found their grip on the tanned girl's waist as she brought Camila impossibly closer.

Their breaths mingled into one reoccurring panting sound and Lauren couldn't contain how perfect it all felt. To finally be touched by another person again, to be touched by Camila. She never dreamed of this happening again but here Camila was, her tongue slipping easily past Lauren's lips and eliciting so many emotions out of the green-eyed girl that it left Lauren breathless.

And then Camila pulled away, side-stepping Lauren and running a hand through her hair. The green-eyed girl wasn't quite done with her though, she made a move towards her again until Camila put a hand up to halt her.

"We can't do that again, okay?" The brunette tried to catch her breathe before she looked up to find Lauren's hungry eyes already waiting for her. "We can't just-there's too much uncertainty and I'm not-you said I wasn't coming here for us to get back together. You said that."