"She's off limits."

Now Lauren knows that interacting with Camila more than she does with anyone else would start raising people's eyes. She knows that.

But that doesn't stop her staring. And she doesn't particularly know why, maybe it's because she knows a secret about the girl that very few people do, maybe it's because Camila's so hard-headed whenever they speak to each other or maybe it's just because Lauren's never liked the colour brown very much but she didn't seem to mind it in the girl's eyes. Not love it. But she didn't mind it.

Lauren's mostly opting towards the fact that she has leverage over the younger girl.

No one really notices as first, every now and then someone would nudge someone else and nod towards Lauren's whose eyes were locked on Camila, but other than that, people tended not to get in Lauren's way and thus, simply avoided her at all costs.

But Lucy noticed because Lucy always paid attention to Lauren in everything she did. So she caught onto the stares, the smirks, the uncomfortable look that crossed Camila's eyes every time they met Lauren's. Something had transpired between the pair and it was putting Lucy off.

Mostly because despite how minuscule it is, Lucy liked that she had always held most of Lauren's attention, no matter how small it was. But now Lauren was looking at this Camila girl constantly and Lucy was sort of being left high and dry. Literally.

So she followed Camila around for a day, something that didn't go unnoticed by Ally, but the girl very rarely involved herself in drama and just wrote it off as Lucy being curious about the celebrity that was attending school with them.

Lucy followed Camila around for the entire day, barely hiding her actions as she listened in on pointless conversations between Camila and Dinah, scoffing at Normani's crazy theories about why Lauren was still so focused on Camila and rolling her eyes at Ally's train of thought always leading the conversation in the academic direction.

Camila, in Lucy's opinion, was boring.

So how did she manage to snare Lauren's attention over Lucy?

The answer came in the form of the school walking gossip magazine, Ariana Grande. The girl had a mouth that worked ten miles a minute.

"-Yeah, and no one knows why she decided to start school in the first place. For one, this is a public school and secondly, she's been home-schooled her whole life." Ariana twirled a strand of hair as she leaned against her locker, surrounded by her gossip hungry followers; Kylie Jenner, Hailee Steinfeld, Taylor Swift and Colton Haynes. "So yeah, I guess I'm just gonna have to solve the mystery."

And there it was. The one thing Camila had that Lucy didn't.

Mystery.

She was a goddamn mystery! That's why Lauren was watching her, she probably wanted to solve the mystery as much as everyone in the godforsaken school.

But that was still odd to Lucy, because Lauren never really cared for other people's business, she always kept to herself.

Hell, she never once asked Lucy how her day was. She had offered Lucy a smirk, a drag of her cigarette and a ride in her Mustang and the girl was a goner.

But Lucy saw it the previous day. Lauren had spoken to Camila, she'd sat across a table from Camila and had a small, but still significant in Lucy's head, conversation with the celebrity. And that meant something. Because Lauren never talked to her about anything.

Maybe that was part of it, maybe Lauren wanted to get close to the celebrity to benefit herself. Financially.

Lauren always had money and Wyatt had never seen her work, much less own a work uniform, maybe this was Lauren's thing. Seducing the rich and milking them for all they're worth.