Howling (Laurens X Reader SIBLING FLUFF)

(They're like, 6 and 11.)

Y/N sat bolt upright in bed and looked to her window. She shrunk in her sheets when she heard more howling from cyotes in the nearby woodlands. She whimpered and held her doll close, trying to comfort herself.

John woke up slowly, He was in his own large room. He heard the howling and got up quickly, He knew his sister Y/N would be afraid. He hurriedly put on some slippers and left his room. He quietly headed towards her room, Trying to go as quickly as he could, navigating the large, dark house.

Y/N had progressed to hiding under her blankets. She was more than frightened. She wanted to get up and go to her older brother John for help, But she couldn't find the courage to get out of bed. Y/N remembered John telling her that he'd protect her, and she started wondering where he was, and if he was sleeping through this and leaving her to handle this alone.

John was hiding, a servant that wandered the halls of his home had almost caught him. He stepped into the kitchen for cover, and got caught. "What are you doing out and about?" quietly asked a maid. "Y/N gets scared of the howling, Miss." He says, Trying to get away.

Y/N shuddered, Starting to scare herself with thoughts of the creatures jumping into her room. She was close to crying in fear. She didn't look outside of her blankets for anything, and she didn't plan on it until John was there.

John had gotten away from the maid and was now heading to Y/N's room. He made it and headed quickly to her bed, hearing her starting to cry. "Y/N, I'm here, I'm sorry I'm late." He whispers, helping her out of her blankets. "You're crying... Stop that..." He says, smiling a bit and wiping her eyes. He hugged her. "I'll be here until you fall asleep, Okay?" He asks. Y/N nods. "Okay, Big Brother..." She shakily whispers.

In the morning Y/N and John's parents searched for John, finding him asleep, sitting on Y/N's bed and leaning on the wall, With Y/N curled up next to him, leaning on both him and the wall. They smiled at how they both get along and how he protects her, And left them to sleep.