Songbird- Lafayette

“Alright, here i go.” Y/N whispered as she stepped up on the stage. You see, she hadn’t been able to take the opportunity to sing professionally she saw because of family matters.  So she built herself a stage in the middle of the town, and was about to sing infront of the entire market place. She took a deep breath and nodded at her friend, Eliza Schuyler,  to start playing the piano.

Y/N heard the change in the melody and started to sing. Slowly she started to gain more confidence in herself, because the group of people who had gathered around for Eliza’s piano playing grew larger with every note she sang. She didn’t know it yet, but she had caught the eye if a certain fighting frenchman.

Y/N had finished singing when a roar of applause started to grow. She smiled widely and pulled Eliza on stage. They looked at eachother, held hands, and bowed. When they left the stage Y/N was the first to start laughing. They laughed a little bit, until a man came over to them.

“Bonjour, je suis Lafayette. You are?” He asked them. Eliza and Y/N said “I’m Eliza, She’s Y/N / She’s Eliza, I’m Y/N.” In sync. They started giggling at eachother again. When they stopped he said “Y/N… c'est une jolie nom.” Y/N, knowing a little bit of french, smiled at him, “Je vous remercie” she said. Eliza, realizing what was happening, had left the conversation. Y/N and Lafayette had kept talking, letting a spark kindle into a flame.

By the end of the week, Lafayette had been visiting Y/N frequently, he and Y/N had been been getting to know the other better around then. By the end of the month Y/N’s family had been treating him kindly, As they knew what was coming. By the middle of the next month, What happened changed the Y/N greatly. And pleased her family greatly as well.

"L'amour , viens ici , je tiens à vous dire quelque chose.” Lafayette had said, quickly followed by a “Coming!” From Y/N. As she stepped into the room, Lafayette held her hands. “Y/N. Je t'aime , Je t'aime , Je t'aime. Would you allow me to court you?” He asked. Y/N’s eyes widened, as she thought over what he had said. As she realized what he actually HAD said, her smile grew wider. She quickly nodded her head.
“Yes!”
“You will not regret this, mon Songbird.”