5 DAYS OF THE HOLIDAYS: DAY 4 (GWash x Reader)

Y/N’s life was mostly chaos ever since the revolution started. But her husband, George, His was worse. She tried to get him to come and get his mind off the war and the stress of being a general whenever he came home, But she could only do it for an hour or so.

She sighed, seeing him distractedly walking up to the doors of the plantation. She hurried down, still not giving up on her endeavor. Y/N hiked up her skirts and rushed to George, Happily throwing her arms around him. He hesitated, as he usually did for the past while, But soon a soft smile grew onto his face as he hugged her back. “Welcome home, George!” Y/N said happily, to which he chuckled. “I’m glad to be home.“ He replied, and kissed the top of her head.

Later that night, Y/N got a look of determination in her eyes. She was going to make George sit and eat with her, as he hadn’t lately when he came home, and he was going to enjoy it. She slaves and servants always got weary around her when she was like this, Since she wouldn’t let anyone stop her.

Y/N took a deep breath and knocked. “George, Dear, Dinner’s ready.” She spoke through the door. She heard some papers shifting and books closing. “Alright, Thank you, Y/N. I’ll be there in a minute.” He told her, his voice muffled and distant from the door. She nodded and went down to the dining room.

Y/N waited a minute. Then two. Soon enough, She had wasted a complete hour waiting for him. The door that George had closed several hours ago finally opened and down the stairs, then through the door, George came. He was surprised that she was still there and that she hadn’t even touched her silverware.

“Y/N, I’d’ve thought you’d have finished dinner and left the table again.” He spoke softly.Y/N shook her head. “I’ve resolved that if I can’t help you get your mind off the stress of being a general, I’ll wait until you’ve finished so we can enjoy eachother’s company at least once.” she replied, her voice matching the softness that George had spoken in earlier.

George was taken aback, He had no idea that she had been doing so much to try to get him to enjoy his time at home. “Y/N, You don’t ha-” “George, yes I do. I love you, and I want to spend time with you.” She said, a smile growing on her face. “And if that means that I wait to eat an extra hour, then that I will do.” She teases, a small laugh escaping her lips.

George and Y/N spent the rest of the night side by side and laughing, after eating, of course. They took a walk through the gardens, watched the river from the back of the plantation, and cuddled together in bed when they went to bed

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiiiii~! Lol just wanted to tell y'all I really liked writing this because I actually visited the Washington Plantation and took a tour and stuff. It. Was. Awesome.