5 days of the Holidays: Day 5 (Kingy G x Reader)

Y/N was rushing around the study, trying to find specific books, papers, reports, and just about anything else. Her husband, the King, watched her with a small frown. “Y/N, Darling, You’re going to go frail if you don’t stop this frantic running.” He says, hugging her from behind and kissing her sweetly.

Y/N returns the kiss, but parts quickly. “You know how important this is to our kingdom, Dear, I must get it done.” “You’ve been at it for days, Take a break, Please?” “I’m sorry, But I must keep at it. If I take a break I’ll loose my train of thought.” She says, getting herself out of the hug and back to work.

This made George beyond worried. She ate too quickly, She rarely left that study, and she almost never opened the windows for sunlight. He brought a few servants to a room and ordered them to help Y/N finish this task quickly, so she could get back to being her normal and visibly healthy self. The servants nodded and rushed off, going to follow orders.

The next three days were increasingly stressful for both George and Y/N. Y/N had to constantly stop what she was doing, shoo the servants away, fix what they had done, and gone back to work. George caught wind of what she was doing through the reports of the servants. He was usually caught pacing the throne room, trying to think of ways to help Y/N finish. He finally got an Idea.

George ordered the servants to stop, and headed in himself. “Y/N~” He said, in a sing-song voice. He pulled her into a hug, knowing she hadn’t slept in at least two days. He peppered her face in soft and sweet kisses, and grinned when he heard her laugh lightly. It was working. He held Y/N close and sat down. He was wearing the royal robe he knew that she loved most. And he knew it would help her relax and hopefully fall asleep.

After what seemed an eternity, but was three minutes, George heard Y/N’s soft breathing, and he knew she was asleep. He smiled and lied her down, kissing her forehead softly. “Sleep well, Darling.” He whispered to her, then he left the room. But not after opening a few window curtains.