5 DAYS OF THE HOLIDAYS: DAY 3 (Phillip x Reader)

Y/N wandered around, She was a nurse in training, and was looking for work. She had already helped several children with small cuts on their knees, and she went to go look for more.

Y/N had heard someone’s voice asking for George Eaker, Her brother. “I saw him-” “My brother? He’s up on broadway, He’s seein’ a play.” She told the person. She stopped when she realized who it is. Phillip Hamilton. The man who’s father her brother dissed. “Well then I’ll go visit his box.” He said.

Y/N bit her lip. He was going to challenge him to a duel, she knew it. She ran after him, “Wait!” She said, then tripped over her skirts. Phillip heard her and turned, And noticed she was falling. He quickly sweeped his arms and caught her, holding her bridal style. She and He both blushed and he let her down.

"Th-Thank you for catching me.” She said. He nodded. “Yeah… No problem.” He replied. “Please don’t challenge my brother to a duel.” Y/N spoke suddenly and quickly.

Phillip was taken aback, But he shook his head. “I’m sorry, I’m a hamilton with pride, He talked about my father, I cannot let it slide!” He told her. “Then I’ll force him to apologize! I severely hate it when people risk their lives over petty arguments!” Y/N told him, scowling.

Phillip knew he had upset a lady, So he sighed and nodded. “Alright. You get him to apologize and I won’t duel him.” He said. He was relieved to see her features relax. “Okay.” She agreed.

After a forced apology and several letters between Y/N and Phillip, She was finally going to meet his parents. She was smoothing down the skirts to her dress when she heard a knock on the front door to her home. A bit later she heard the door opening and her brother calling her down.

Y/N hurried down and smiled at Phillip, Then took his arm. She waved to her brother and walked with him to the Hamilton resistance. They got there and Phillip knocked, then was let in.

“Mom! Pop! I brought Y/N!” He called into the house. Y/N hid like she and Phillip agreed, and she heard footsteps down a staircase. “You did? Where is she?” She heard his father ask. He held a hand out and pulled her out quickly, Making her giggle.

“Oh! She’s even prettier than you described her, Phillip!” His mother, Eliza, spoke in almost a squeal. Y/N giggled again. “Thank you, Ma'am.” She said. “Oh, call me mother, dear.” Eliza said, hugging her.

Later, during Dinner, Y/N replied to the questions Alexander threw at her as best she could. “Your occupation?” “Nurse.” “Education?” “Standard.” “Reading habits?” “I read often.” “Writing habits?” “I write the occasional story when i’m bored.” “Phillip, Keep her.”