"Yes"-Thomas Jefferson

Y/N had been living with her friend, and love, Thomas Jefferson for a while and it had been going great. Until Y/N’s house was burnt down in a slave revolt. Her father’s throat slit, along with her mother and young twin sisters while they were burnt down with the house. The house in ashes, Y/N had her parents reduced  to ashes as well. Her younger sisters were buried, next to the stillborn and missing boys  that would have been their husbands if they had survived. if they all had survived.

For the next year Y/N refused to talk, unless giving orders. This worried Thomas, she was eating more than she usually would, she refused to leave one of the guest bedrooms, and at night he could barely hear her snore. At times, her snoring was the only thing that could tell him she was alive. “Y/N, dear, please. Let me in.” he would plead daily, and every day he would be returned with silence. Y/N grew more and more distant with every passing month and, eventually, stopped talking at all. she didn’t open the door, so Thomas had a small flap installed. so that she could still eat.

It was the last day of the year, Thomas was growing even more worried than usual. Y/N’s snoring had stopped, but now and again he could hear the shuffling of her skirts. He had gone to bed, with Y/N and concerns nagging at the back of his mind. Y/N had woken up from another Night Terror. She shakily got up, and walked to the door. She took a deep breath and opened it then looked around and, not seeing anyone, she walked to Thomas' bedroom. She quietly knocked on the door.

Thomas heard the faint knock and bolted upright, he walked to the door and opened it. “Y/N” he breathed. He smiled at his love and hugged her as she broke out crying. “Shhh, shh. I’m here, Y/N. It’s okay now.” He cooed. “I’m sorry, Thomas. So sorry. I know i worried you. I’m so sorry,” She choked out between sobs. “Shh, it’s alright. You’re okay. It’s alright.” He said soothingly. “I had a Night Terror.. The slaves killed you the same way as my parents and sisters… I was alone…” She whispered. “Y/N, I’m not going anywhere. I promise.” “You promise?” “Yes.”