Mixed Feelings

I wake up to the bright shining light peeking through the white curtains of my bedroom."This seems like it's going to be a great day" I say putting my long brown hair into a high pony tail and unlocking my phone. "Oh I got a text" I say and it's from Peeta! I read the message and it says.......

Peeta: Hey Katniss it's Peeta Madge gave me your number I wanted to know if you wanted to come by my family's bakery to hang out?

Katniss: Sure Peeta I'll come over around oneish? If that's okay with you?

Peeta: Fine by me see you then!

Katniss: Okay see you then Bye Peeta!

Peeta: Bye!

I smile at the last text and hop out if my warm bed and get into the shower.

After showering I blow dry my hair and then fishtail braid it. I apply little makeup and dress in a pair of white short shorts and a coral tank with white converse. I run downstairs and greet Prim eating breakfast at the table."Hey Little Duck I'll be home later today I'm going to meet up with a friend" I say."Let me guess is it that Peeta guy" she says wiggling her eyebrows."Yes and really prim" I question her heading to the door."I'm kidding mom and Plutarch are going to be home tonight and me and Rue got Thresh to drive me Rory and her to the mall today so I'll be home for dinner" she says putting the dishes into the sink." Okay bye see you later" I say closing the door behind me. I start my car and drive of to the Mellarks bakery in town.

(PEETA)

"I swear to god guys if you say anything I will-"."You'll what hit us with the mop you made out with" Jake says cutting me off."Muah Katniss Muah Katniss" Rye mocks."Guys stop giving your brother a hard time after all she is his girl- Friend I said friend" my mom adds in and walks straight back from where she came in. Rye says something into Jakes ear I can faintly hear."Let's not mess this up for him he did lose his memory about her and same with her" he whispers."Um guys what did you mean by lose his memory about her" I question standing there confused. I see Jake punch Rye in the side "Oh nothing I was talking about someone umm bye Peeta have fun" he says quickly exiting to the back with Jake following. I shake my head clearing my mind when I see Katniss enter the Bakery. She looks beautiful as always. "Hey Peeta" she says energetically with a smile."Hey Katniss" I say returning the smile."So what's your plan for today are you going to teach me the ways of a Mellark" she jokes."Actually yes but first are you hungry" I ask escorting her to one of the bar stools by the register."Uh yeah kinda"."Be right back" I say going into the back and getting a white plate and putting a single cheese bun on it and pouring some orange juice into a cup."Order for Mrs.Everdeen" I say and she pipes up from her phone and says here with a small giggle. I hand her the plate and orange juice and wait for her approval." Oh my gosh amazing" she says in astonishment."Well I am a baker" I jokingly say.

(KATNISS)

As soon as I took a bite of the Cheese bun Peeta handed me it triggered a thought.

-FLASHBACK-

He hands me a small white dinner plate containing a small roll oozing of cheese. I hesitantly take a small bite as he looks at me nervously. It was amazing.

-END-

Who is this mysterious guy that I get thoughts of. So many questions go through my head and I shake my head on all the thoughts and focus myself on the cheese bun and Peeta."Oh my gosh there amazing" I say to Peeta who looks like someone lifted a 10 thousand pound weight of his shoulders."Yep my father Taught me how to make these when I was younger" he says helping me take the empty cup of orange juice and the empty plate."So ready to bake" he says grabbing my arm and taking me into the back of the bakery. His touch send a warm sensation throughout my body." Okay first here's an apron it may be a little big on you since it's mine but it will have to do" he says slipping the apron onto me and tiring it in the back."Are you sure this is a good thing I almost burnt my house making Ice" I say blushing because it did happen and I don't want to explain how it did."Okay well then how about I handle the oven and you can ice and make flowers."Okay" I agree and he gets out a bunch if ingredients. He starts measuring ingredients into a bowl and I watch him knead the dough and make it into perfectly round balls and shoving a hunk of cheese in the middle."See this is how I make" I nod understandably while he slides them u to the oven and moves onto a tray of cupcakes." I can help" I tell him and he motions over to the spot next to him where I happily move too."Okay grab the icing bag like this" he says instructing me to look at how he does it." Uh err okay" I say and he stands there for a second until he gets an idea."How about this" he says and her slightly hovers over me and wraps his hands around mine showing me the placing if my hands and he slowly starts to show me how to ice the cupcakes still hovering around me with our hands together. I slowly turn my neck over my shoulder and were really close. I look up at him and he notices me look at him and he leans in and I lean in too and our lips touch. His smooth gentle lips are nothing like Cedric's. Peeta's more gentle and caring. When we pull apart he moves away and coughs."I'm sorry um I think it's time I leave" I say grabbing my keys and purse from the counter. I hear Peeta from behind me "Katniss I'm sorry I didn't mean to kiss you it just happened" he says running after me but I run faster. I exit the door and run to my car and hop into the seat and start crying."Katniss what the fuck was that" I say out loud. I have so many emotions going on right now. Do I like Peeta? Do I still love Cedric? Why did I get so emotional after he kissed me I liked it didn't i? I drive home and enter an empty house I decide to call Madge And Annie over since the others are at the beach.