Chapter 8

"KATNISS PLEASE WAKE UP KATNISS PLEASE YOUR MY BEST FRIEND YOU CANT LEAVE ME". I hear a girl yell shaking me.

I slowly open my eyes I'm in a white room but where am I how did I get here? Wasn't I in the field with Primrose? Where's my father?

"OMG DOCTOR SHES AWAKE" The girl I heard looked like my bestfriend but an older version.

A lady comes in wearing all white and presses a button slowly raising my head so I can get a better look at who these strangers are.

"Hello Miss. Everdeen You have been in a coma for 2 days how are you feeling.

Wait a coma? How was I in a coma I was at the field picking berries with Primrose.

"Good I guess but where am I and why am I hear"I say looking around.

A girl with blonde hair bursts Into tears. Wait that can't be? Primrose? She's so tall and looks like a woman now she was 6 just a minutes ago. I look down at my feet pokeing through the edge of the blanket. When did I get so tall? I'm 11 aren't i?

"Your at the hospital honey. You got into a car accident you have been in a coma for 2 days. She says holding my hand. I look down at my arm and see many needles and tubes coming from it.

"What is your last memory" she asks.

"Well I think I was in the field with primrose picking berries while my dad was digging up Katniss roots" I say and an older woman who I didn't notice standing next to a more chubbier shorter man gasps.

"Is that my mother" I ask pointing over to the woman.

"Katniss dear it's me your mom do you remember and this is Plutarch your step dad" she says coming to my side next to the girl who I think is Prim. I have a step dad? Wheres dad?

"Okay if I can just have you Mrs. Everdeen and the rest of your family leave for just moment" the doctor lady asks. "Primrose" my "Mother" and "Step dad" all exit the door leaving "Madge".

"Hey Katniss it's me Madge remember" she smiles taking my hand.

"I remember you but I though you where younger, I though we where all younger" I say and she tightens the grip in my hand.

The doctor comes forward again and Madge whispers something be to her ear.

"Okay Katniss I need to ask you a few questions".

"What's your full name, how old are you, how many people are in your family, and do you know who a ......Peeta Mellark is?" She says questioning the last part.

"I can try um my full name is Katniss Everdeen I'm 11 years old I think I have 4 members in my family my Mom, "Stepdad", Primrose, and me Should I know who a Peeta Mellark is" I look at her confused as Madge walks out of the room holding back tears.

"Your right your name is Katniss everdeen your not 11 anymore your 17 and attend Panem high school and I was just instructed that I can't say who Peeta Mellark is to you". She says writing things down on her clipboard.

"Wait I'm 17 what happened to me I was only 11 and why can't he tell me who Peeta Mellark is?

(MADGE)

As soon as I walk into the waiting room everyone stands up Annie, Glimmer, Clove, Alison, Gale, Finnick, Thresh, Marvel, Cato, and Peeta all look so helpless.

"Where is she is she awake"Peeta says gripping to a chair.

"Yes Peeta she's awake and doing well, Everyone she fine but...."I can't get myself to tell them about Katniss .