This is going to be a horrible year

This is the Thursday 4 days before she came back from the hospital.

"Katniss wake up Madge is here she's going to help you regain some of your memory" Prim says tugging at my shoulder.

"Katniss come down stairs Madge wants to help you"She says again. I miss the sound of the younger Prim who was only 6 and still played with her favorite brown teddy bear, Riggles.

"Okay I'm up. Happy?" Even though i have been here for 4 days I still doubt my age and my surroundings I just want to wake up from this horrible nightmare.

I make my way downstairs to the living room where Madge has a huge box of pictures and things I don't quite recognize.

"Katniss I'm going to help you try to regain some of your memories can you trust me?" She asks hiding the box in her lap.

"Okay Madge" I say.

She hands me a picture of me her and prim when I was younger.

"This was when we were 10 and prim was 5" she hands me another one.

"This is your father he died 2 years after this picture was taken so you where 12 and prim was 7" I nod still no memory about this.

"After your father died you moved to California and 2 years later that's where your step dad came into the picture so you and prim where 14 and 9" I nod again still nothing.

"Okay you lived in California for 4 and a half years 2 of those you lived with Plutarch, your step father. You moved back on your birthday August 23rd you turned 17 and Prim was 12".

"Did you get any of that" she asks.

"Yes but I still don't remember"

She sighs

"Do you atleast have any questions?"

Yes I do but no one seems to wanna answer me... And who was that guy that kissed me.

"Who's Peeta Mellark" I ask and she goes pale and then her eyes fill with anger.

"He's just an idiot that needs to get his priorities straight before he comes near us again and Katniss I never want you to speak of that name again". She made that loud and clear and so did everyone else I asked.

"Well Madge I'm asking one thing of you and if you can't answer that then leave I don't need your help" I say and she picks up her stuff and leaves.

I lay there starring at the forest green wall. That was Katniss's favorite color. It also reminded me of pine trees. Also what Katniss sleeps like.

"God she's right Peeta you are an idiot". What if Katniss got her memory back after I kissed her, what if Madge knows.

I hear a knock on the door and get up to get it.

"I'm sorry to wake you dear but do you want pancakes"

"It's okay I was already up and sure"I follow her downstairs looking at all the pictures of me and my brothers when we where younger.

I sit down at the table and she hands me a plate with 2 pancakes.

"Peeta we need to talk about what's going to happen the rest of the year"she says sitting down across from me.

"You will be going to Brier high school I enrolled you in it for the rest of the year and then you will go home". She looks around a bit like she's nervous.

"There's another thing your friend Maggie or something" she starts.

"Madge" I correct her

"Yes she told me about what's been going on for the past couple of days" she starts.

"She also told me that you can't have any sort of contact with Katniss what so ever so I'm sorry dear but I deleted her from your contacts and I erased your messages". I wait to see if she kidding but she's not.

"YOU WHAT" I yell and I run upstairs and rip things from off my bed until I find my phone and a scroll down to contacts and she's missing and I see look at my message inbox

EMPTY

I call Madge.

(CONVERSATION)

Madge: Hello?

Peeta: You stooped that low to call my grandma seriously?

Madge: Peeta stop it's not like that I have a new plan she keeps on asking who Peeta Mellark is.

Peeta: Okay the plan?

Madge: Okay god the plan I made was that when you came back that you guys could become friends and then eventually date because I don't want Katniss remembering anything from before the accident.

Peeta: Not even from the cabin or winter formal?

Madge: It's for the best remember.

Peeta: I know but does she really ask about me?

Madge: Not directly but I'm sure she wants to know who that stranger was THAT KISSED HER ........idiot.

Peeta: How did you know? Didn't you leave.

Madge: Did you seriously think I could trust you no I stayed at the window by the door and watched you hand her that lipgloss and kiss her. Next time I tell you to do something I want you to do it.

Peeta: And if that was you and Gale would you see it differently.

Madge: I guess but I gotta go bye.

Peeta: Bye.