Chapter 23

Aeyoung's POV

Tears threaten to fall after what she said and what she did but I stop myself from crying. To cruel people like her, crying is for the weak. "So you're jealous up till now?" I said softly, looking down. I suck up those tears and try to look that I'm not affected at all. I look up and teased her, "Doesn't that make me better than you?"

I've had enough of this lady. "You're lucky that Halmeoni cares for you!" She glared at me before signaling the bodyguards. I turn to my right to find the bodyguard jab a needle in my wrist. I felt something go through my veins as my eyes start to feel droopy. "Aeyoung!" I heard Taeyong yell before passing out.

<<A few hours later>>

"NO! I brought the girl back! So it's your turn to do me a favor. Jebal, I just want him safe." A familiar voice was heard. My eyes shot open as a wave of memories washed over me. I was in the same room from before, the hospital at The Treasure Chest. I noticed that it was getting dark as there was a window not too far from my bed.

"You're awake. Now listen, I want you to get out of Taeyong's life." She threatened as she barged in. "Wae?" I asked. I really don't get why I must stay away from him. "You're targeted by those lunatics. What makes you think Taeyong is safe?" She glared at me. She's right though. Ugh! I never thought that I would agree with her.

Should I say yes? What if I don't? Will everyone be in danger because of me? "Fine. I'll stay away from him." I spat and rolled my eyes. I heard her scoff and leave the room. I slammed my hands on the bed as I rage. Why does she have to be right? Then, the door opened, revealing the Jeon twins. "Noona!" Both of them yelled in concern as they crashed me with a hug.

"Wae?" I asked. It was as if I left for a year. "We heard your conversation with her," Wonwoo stated as he sat on the bed. "We also heard about the plan. It will take place about 3 days from today." Chanwoo mentioned. "Bwo?! What plan?" I'm confused.

Taeyong's POV

I was thrown in an office after Aunt Cassie decided to kidnap me. They locked me in here and when I asked where Aeyoung was, they just kept quiet. I'm really worried about her. Why does Aunt Cassie have to hate her over something in the past? It's not Aeyoung's fault that her father dislikes that ugly duckling.

"Taeyong.." I heard a soft yet familiar voice from the door. I refuse to turn around so I felt her hand on my shoulder. "I'm doing this for you. Jebal, listen to me." She pleaded. I wiped her hand off and folded my arms. "Fine. You want Aeyoung safe? Go to Japan and study there." My eyes widened.

"WAE?!" I yelled in anger as I turned to look at her. "It's for the best and besides, if you go there, I'll promise that she'll be safe." She explained but I gave a sarcastic laugh. "You think I trust you? After what you did to me?" I stated before rolling my eyes. That's bullshit. "I can sell her to them you know." She threatened.

I glared into her soul. She glared back and that's when I knew she wasn't joking. I sighed in defeat as she definitely knew my answer. "Can I see her for one last time?" I asked softly. "Go ahead, she's in the previous hospital room that 4 of you shared." She smiled and left the door open. I walked out and thought, what would happen if I see her?

What am I going to say? I walked into the room and found Wonwoo sitting on the floor, reading a book, Chanwoo awkwardly supporting his standing position by leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and Aeyoung examining her pencil. "Oh my gosh, hyung!" Chanwoo yelled as he held his heart.

I laughed as the rest did the same thing. "So, what were you guys discussing about?" I asked. I wanted to talk to Aeyoung alone but I can't be too selfish. "You can't tell anyone, arrasseo?" Aeyoung warned me. Well, this is serious. I nodded my head and she was about to explain when she suddenly stopped.

"Ani, you can't know about this. I'm so sorry Taeyong but you have to be safe." She spoke so fast I could barely understand her. I walked towards her a gripped her shoulders. "What are you talking about?" I asked as she was about to cry. I could see the Jeon twins leaving from the corner of my eyes.

"Aeyoung?" I called as she refused to look at me. "I'm sorry." She whispered. I tilted her head with my fingers on her chin after a minute of silence. I looked straight into her eyes and said, "Just tell me. I have something to tell you too."

She closed her eyes and I saw her fists balled together before her eyes opened. "Cassie told me to leave you and I said yes. I'm so sorry." She shook her head slowly and shut her eyes. What? "Cassie told me to leave you too. She said that I'll be going to Japan tonight." I told her.

"Japan?!" She yelled and I had to close her mouth so people outside won't hear us. "Ne, Japan. I can't let you fight them. I need you safe." I caressed her smooth brown hair. "Chakaman[Wait], but I am fighting them. What are you talking about?" I heard her say.

Aeyoung's POV

"She said that you'll be kept safe if I go." He explained further. That wench! She's just trying to keep us apart! "I'm sorry but I hate your Aunt," I said as I thought of a plan in my head. "Me too. Don't apologize." He chuckled. Yes! We should ask Halmeoni but what do I say? "Aeyoung, I might need to go soon." He said and frowned.

"We should meet Halmeoni," I suggested as I held his hand. "Of course! I can't let you fight knowing that I'm not going to be there to protect you." He pulled me towards the door and slid it open revealing two idiots listening to our conversation. I didn't want to yell so I flicked their ears. "Ah! Noona!" They groaned in pain as I smiled to myself.

"Kaja!" I pulled Taeyong's hand. As we were outside her office, I was afraid that Cassie would be inside. She might ruin our plans and continue separating us. He knocked on the door twice and a bodyguard opened the door, revealing Halmeoni sitting on her chair with a smile on her face.

"Taeyong, Aeyoung." She greeted with a slight nod. Both of us returned the greeting and smiled. "What brings you here?" She asked as she motioned us to have a seat on the sofa in front of her desk. I turned to look at Taeyong and he looked at me.

I guess both of us didn't know how to tell her but before I was about to start talking, Taeyong voiced out. "I don't want to go to Japan. Halmeoni please let me stay with Aeyoung." He begged. We heard her laugh so we were confused. "I can't help you with that. Cassie was the one who told you that, not me." She said.

Our hopes got too high. I sighed heavily and frowned.

Author's POV

The poor girl was devastated. Knowing that Taeyong will never leave her side, she was worried that his family would fall apart. "Eomma, I- What are the both of you doing here?" Cassie was furious. She walked towards Taeyong and pointed at him. "You were supposed to start packing!" She yelled. The yell caused Halmeoni to frown as she hated this types of conflicts.

"Andwae! I'll never go to Japan! Why do you have to tell me what to do?! You're not my mother and you did not adopt me! Even if you did, I'll never accept you!" Taeyong shouted in anger. He grew sick and tired of that nonsense. "Enough! Would you stop fighting and just focus on keeping each other safe!?" Halmeoni yelled in frustration. Aeyoung was starting to feel awkward as she was not part of the family.

Halmeoni pointed at Cassie and said, "If you want him safe, protect him! Not send him away." Then she pointed to Taeyong and continued, "and if you want to stay, at least respect her by asking her nicely! Your level of respect for her is lower than your grades. YOU BARELY PASSED SO THERE'S NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF!" Her statements caught them off guard as that was the last thing they expected from an old lady.

Before they could continue, the door burst open and revealed the 2 Jeon Twins. A bodyguard was holding them by the collar of their shirt. "We caught them evesdropping on our plan from the camera footage." He said and hit them both in the heads with a book. "Hey, there's no need for violence. We were going to tell them anyways." Halmeoni said. Taeyong was confused as to what she was saying.