Chapter 13

Aeyoung's POV

It was just Halmeoni's assistant, Aunt Cassie. "Quickly come inside and stay in your room. Ae young, don't look at the people. Just keep looking downwards. Halmeoni will explain in Taeyong's room." She instructed. We understood and followed the instructions.

When we entered, I was tempted to look at the people seated on the sofa but I just kept my head down as Wonwoo pushed me. "Mian, just some friends." I heard Aunt Cassie say to them. Who are they?

"Kim Aeyoung. That's a legendary name. You are then next generation to lead the South Koreans who protect the VIPs. They are also known as S.southerns[pronounced as AS SOUTHERNS], Secret South Koreans. Everything is undercover, just like fighting but, well, legal." Halmeoni explained as we entered the room.

"S.southerns?" I asked, confused. "Ne, only a few are chosen to protect the country. There are 3 levels of being in S.southerns. The highest will handle the major problems while the lowest will handle the minor problems. It is their duty to protect South Korea from North Koreans. I think you know about that." Halmeoni explained.

How does she know all this? "I figured that wound of yours was a little unique and a quick stab wouldn't be bleeding continuously. They usually stab, twist and pull out which causes that." She described and pointed to my injured leg.

"So are those people part of the S.southerns?" Wonwoo asked. Come to think of it, if North Koreans are here that means Taeyong's in trouble! "Yes, S.southerns in training I believe. The actual ones can never leave the VIP's side." She said.

I rolled myself towards the door and slightly opened it to take a peek. "A unit is waiting for undercover. Once I give the orders, they will take action." A man said. "You can't just take action! There are other people out there. We need to do this carefully. No one must get harmed, understood?" Aunt Cassie said.

"Fine. We'll use smoke bombs and a fake police siren. We'll grab him and leave immediately. We will not fire unless necessary." That man said. Wow, he came up with that simple plan on the spot with that woman glaring at him like that? "If any one of them lays a hand on my son, you're dead." Aunt Cassie warned them.

Son? Wait, what? "Come here, child." I heard Halmeoni call. I rolled towards the armchair that she was sitting on. "After your leg gets better, is it alright if you live here with me? I understand that you live alone and it's alright if you don't want to." She suggested.

Oh my god! "That was the sweetest thing that anyone has ever offered me. Live here? Jinjja?" I asked, wanting to confirm if what I heard was true. "Ne! I know how you never really felt the love from your parents before and for a lady like you, I'd want to treat you like my own grandchild." She said.

It's like a fairytale. Having strangers who would want to take me in. It's like getting adopted! Who cares how old I am? I have someone who's willing to care for me after my brother. Thoughts of me being close with the maids, Halmeoni and Aunt Cassie came to my mind.

All my life, I have never had a sister-like relationship with another girl before. Bless these people! "BWO?!" I heard a yell as my imagination was ruined. It came from outside. I quickly rolled myself to the door and saw Aunt Cassie fuming.

"ONE JOB! YOU CAN'T DO ONE SIMPLE JOB?!" She roared, making me jump. Jeez woman, calm down. "Chuseonghamnida. We'll-" A man was interrupted with Aunt Cassie's clear voice. "Leave once he arrives. Be alert." They nodded and firmly said, "Ne!" in unison. She turned around, obviously a sign for them to go outside.

Suddenly, I felt my leg hurt. I looked down and saw a spot of blood on the bandage. The blood was spreading quickly and it felt like rubbing salt in an open wound. Wonwoo, as if reading my mind, raced to the door and called for the maid. As one of them approached us, I started to feel nauseous.

I felt being pushed but my head was throbbing so I couldn't make out on what was happening.

Taeyong's POV

"Yah! Let go!" I yelled as someone grabbed the collar of my shirt from behind. We were about to fight when we were blinded by thick black smoke and this ass or whoever got hold of me. I was about to elbow him in the face but he took a knife out.

Great, I'm being used as a hostage. "I got him!" This man said in a weird accent. Holy shit! IS HE A NORTH KOREAN?! I felt like my heart stop beating as I frantically tried to get out of his grip. "Keep still or I'll slit your throat open!" He yelled as he pulled me.

Then, I felt a pain on my cheek followed by some yelling. Instantly, I was released by the man, well, more like I was shoved so I scraped my knees and tore my pants. I felt the side of my cheek sting as I touched it. I'm bleeding?! I turned around, wanting to curse at him but couldn't see anything.

"Mr. Lee, follow me." I heard a familiar voice as he took me by the arm. I followed him and saw multiple people either fighting or running away. "What happened?" I asked as I entered a black van.

No one answered me. All of them had a serious look on their face and that made me feel really uncomfortable. These 4 men were like my uncles. We often met at the Company of S.southerns. Halmeoni allowed me to tag along on weekdays.

When she was busy, these men, back then were teenagers, played with me. They babysit me and I remember those days very well. Eomma and Appa were busy with work so Halmeoni offered to take care of me.

She never told them that she brought me to her Company and Jaehyun was still young so he stayed at the beach house. "Did Aunt Cassie told you to bring me here?" I questioned as I  waited for their expressions.

They began to look at each other then looked away. "Hyung why are you acting weird? Relax alright?" I said as I placed my arm over their shoulders. After I said that, they tensed up even more. I groaned as I was bored from the silence that filled the entire van.

Soon, we reached our destination and found a few unfamiliar men waiting at the doorstep. "What's going on?" I asked but I washed pushed inside. The 4 of them were standing at an 'at ease' position.

"Down, 50 push ups." I heard someone say from the armchair nearby. They got into their positions and started counting. "Aunt Cassie, why are you punishing them?" I asked as I walked towards her, confused. "Jiyeon! Come and help Taeyong with his wound." She instructed.

"Gwenchana, Noona," I assured as she wanted to help me. "Yah, you don't want it infected do you?" Jiyeon Noona asked and treated my minor injury. "I don't want you to get hurt from people like them." Aunt Cassie before I could ask another question.

"Wae? I've been fighting for a while and what's up with the smoke? Was it your doing? People like who?" I asked as anger built up inside of me. "I'm protecting you, Taeyong-ah! How can you not notice that you have become one of their targets? Ever since that girl worked there, you've had people following you around but you don't even notice!" She yelled.

"You're blaming Aeyoung? Ani, WHY ARE YOU SPYING ON ME?" I raised my voice and rolled my eyes. Seriously, who does she think she is? My mother? Tsk, just because she's Halmeoni's assistant doesn't mean she can control my life. I saw the hyungs leave quietly from the corner of my eye.

"North Koreans are following you. What are you going to do about? It's my job to keep you safe and how dare you leave without my permission!" She nagged. "Why should I listen to you? Wae? Who are you!? Huh?! YOU'RE JUST RAISED BY HALMEONI! THAT DOESN'T MAKE YOU RELATED TO ME AT ALL!" I shouted and turned around, wanting to leave the house.

"Taeyong! Yah! Lee Taeyong!" She screamed. "Taeyong-ah, listen to her, jebal." Noona softly spoke. "Don't look for me and stop acting like my mother," I warned and grab the door knob. "I'm acting this way because my Eonnie didn't have the chance to!" Aunt Cassie blurted.

A gasp left my mouth.