Chapter 10

Taeyong's POV

"So, who's that girl you brought in?" Halmeoni asked me. Crap! I looked at Wonwoo and said, "You go ahead. I think she needs you by her side." As soon as he left, Halmeoni's eyes sparkled. "You finally brought a better girl! Anyone's better than Natty! Unless she's even worse.."

Her eyes sparkled until her last sentence when she gave me a nasty look. "Ani, she's injured and she needs a place to stay. By the way, she's just a friend." I said as I laughed sheepishly. "What's her name? Where did you find her? How old is she? Can she fight well?" She anxiously asked.

Well, Halmeoni is my only family member that supports me. She used to fight and she was one of the few who kept her distances. She's like Wonwoo but more experienced. She was then recruited by a secret company who protects the VIPs of South Korea.

"You won't believe it! She's the King!" I exclaimed. Her mouth dropped and so did Aunt Cassie. Aunt Cassie is Halmeoni's assistant. She helps Halmeoni in everything. "After all these years, there's finally a girl." She whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked. A girl? She knows Aeyoung? Impossible! I don't think they have ever met. "The reason why her undercover name is King is that her family's bloodline was the best! Her grandfather fought beside me. We were one of the best!" She said as if she was still back in her young days.

"Kim In Seong. My long lost friend. You never told me you had  grandchildren who took after you." Halmeoni continued as she looked up. "Halmeoni, the name King, is it only meant for men?" I asked.

She nodded her head then held Aunt Cassie's hand. Then, Aunt Cassie went into Halmeoni's room and soon returned with an album in her hand. "There shall only be one King in a generation. The pattern continues and that lady you brought is the 3rd one!" She explained.

"Well, she has a brother but he died about a month ago," I said as I looked towards the guest room. "What happened?!" I heard someone yells as the front door burst open. I turned around and it was Jaehyun.

"What are you doing here?!" I yelled in anger. "Noona called me and said that you had an emergency! She was about to perform a surgery." He said. Tsk, Noona! You could have gotten someone better to do this!

"In room 3, a girl was stabbed in the leg," I said as I sat on the sofa, without making eye contact with him. "Halmeoni, pardon me for intruding." I heard him say as he bows, from the corner of my eye.

Jaehyun's POV

Tsk, Hyung is so noisy. I quickly make my way to the room and see 4 people inside, including the patient. "I'm sorry but you have to leave," I say to the unknown man as politely as I can. "Please help her." He said before leaving.

I gave him a smile and went to the bedside as he left. The lady lying in the bed was breathing heavily but I'm surprised she didn't knock out. Having a wound like this, wait, "AEOYUNG?!" I yelled in shock. "Jaehyun??" She said.

"What, how?" I was speechless. I mean, she was stabbed and why is she even here? "I'm kind of, in pain, right now. So, I think, it would be best, for you, to help me." She said in between breaths.

"Get the required things for this operation. This is no ordinary wound." I said to the maids. "Yes,  sir." They said and left. "Sir? What are you? The president?" She asked. I chuckled and pointed to a photo frame on the wall.

"I'm his Dongsaeng and yes, I'm the soon to be President of The Treasure. Hey listen, I'm going to put you to sleep for a while. It's called Anesthesia and just trust me, it'll be done in a blink of an eye." I explained to her as the maids start to come in.

"Arrasseo." She said as she took a deep breath.

Aeyoung's POV

It's cold. Why is it so cold? I felt my eyes start to flutter open as a light was shone. "BKEIFK." Was that me? Why can't I talk? "Aeyoung? Aeyoung? Can you hear me?" There was a distant voice but soon was clearly heard followed by the snapping of the fingers.

"Hearing is stable. Sight is blurry. She's conscious." A lady's voice said. After a few moments, everything was clear. I am still in the same room and my leg feels tight. I looked down and saw my calf wrapped up.

"It's a deep cut, coming from a weird knife. It'll take a while to recover. Probably a month and a half until you can run." Jaehyun explained. "I don't get it. Why do you work  at a flower shop when you can work as a doctor?" I asked.

I heard him laugh but soon answered, "I don't like to be called into the operation room every time I finish one."

*Knock Knock*

"Noona?" I heard Wonwoo. I forced myself to sit, ignoring the light headache. "Woah, easy. You can't move your leg too much." Jaehyun said as he assembled a wheelchair for me. I warmly smiled in appreciation for his kindness towards me.

"Slowly," Wonwoo said as I attempted to sit on the chair myself. With both of their help, I successfully transferred myself from the bed to the wheelchair without falling. "Now, you should eat these painkillers only when you feel like scratching the wound or if it stings," Jaehyun mentioned.

I was pushed by him with Wonwoo beside me and the 2 maids trailing behind. "There she is! The beauty!" I heard that old woman exclaim from her seat at the dining table. I saw Taeyong on there too.

Surprisingly, he smiled at me. It was a very charming smile. Not a smirk nor a simple smile but a rather attractive one too. Unconsciously, I returned the smile and slightly blushed. "Join us for tea! I would love to hear all about you." The old woman said in a welcoming tone.

Jaehyun pushed me to sit beside that woman as he took a seat beside me. Wonwoo took a seat beside Taeyong who was across from us. "So, Miss Kim, if you don't mind sharing about yourself, I am excited to hear all about you." That woman said.

"Well, there's not much about me. I'm an orphan. I am currently working at the Cafe that Taeyong works at. I was born in Busan but was brought to Seoul to an orphanage when I was 2. My older brother took care of me after I was at the age of 15." I shared.

"Independent. Not bad for a beautiful lady like you. By the way, you can call me Halmeoni. How about you, dear?" She asked Wonwoo after complimenting me.

"My name is Jeon Wonwoo. I attend the same school as Hyung. I am born in Seoul along with my twin brother, Chanwoo. Our parents basically disowned us." He said with a rude tone. "Wonwoo!" I scolded. He dislikes people asking about himself.

"It's alright dear. Everyone have things they hate and love." Halmeoni said with a smile. "I think I should get going. I'm visiting Eomma." Jaehyun said as he stood up. "Tell her that I wish her a speedy recovery. Drive safely!" Halmeoni reminded.

"Hyung? Anything-" Taeyong interrupted sternly saying, "No." I heard Jaehyun sigh before walking to the front door. Before he left, he mentioned, "Bye, Aeyoung. Don't forget! Don't move too much o the wound will open."

I waved at him and he returned it. As soon as he left, Taeyong said, "I'm going into my room." What is wrong with these 2 brothers. Do they hate each other or what? Actually, maybe Jaehyun is the one being hated.

"May I ask something, Halmeoni?" I asked after Taeyong left. "Sure, anything." She said. "Um, are they fighting? I know I'm not in the right position to ask such a personal thing but I'm just curious." I said.

"I knew you would ask that. Well, I am uncertain of their relationship now. Even as their grandmother. They just started fighting after an incident. I don't want to assume things so I'll leave it up to Taeyong to explain it to you." Halmeoni answered.

Disappointed, I sighed. I'm really dying to know what happened to them. "It doesn't hurt to ask. Wonwoo, dear, you can watch the television or play basketball outside." Halmeoni suggested.

I placed my hands on the wheels and attempted to push myself but the maids helped me. "Thank you," I said as I gave them a sincere smile. "Taeyong, can I come in? I have something to ask." I said after knocking on his door. His bedroom was 3 rooms away from mine and luckily, it was on the ground floor.

I heard footsteps then the door opened. "You can leave now, thank you." He said to the maids. As the maids left, he pushed me in. His room was nicely furnished and decorated. He had a sunset color background with black paintings of trees and birds.

When he stopped pushing and wanted to pull the brakes, he came really close from behind. He was kneeling down and I could feel his breath on my shoulder. I turned around to see if he was struggling but felt something cold on my cheeks.

His lips!