Chapter 16

Aeyoung's POV

"Someone broke 3 cameras." The security said. I gripped my bow tightly and took a few arrows then dashed up the stairs. "No, Aeyoung!" I heard Halmeoni yell but I ignore her. One of the security guards followed me up as the rest stayed, protecting Halmeoni.

"I'll go out first. You take care of my six." I said and pressed a button on the wall, making the other wall slide open. I leaned my ear towards the door as I loaded my bow with the black arrow that has no special features.

I heard loud footsteps coming from above so I opened the door and aimed to my right where the stairs ended by the corner. "Don't move!" I yelled as I pull the string of the bow. Then, I realized that it was Taeyong.

I lowered my bow and he hugged me tightly. "W-waeyo?" I asked, shocked from his sudden touch. "I thought you were kidnapped. I got so worried when I saw a small little black circle near the side door, inside the living room, and on a wall. I assumed it was a camera." He whispered.

As soon as he released the hug, I burst out laughing. "Wae! It's not funny!" He whined like a little kid. "Ani, aigoo, your imagination is really something." I continued laughing. "Who the hell is this guy?" He asked and stood in front of me protectively.

I noticed his hand in mine so I blushed. "Aeyoung, do you know him?" He questioned. "N-ne, don't you?" I forgot that he hasn't been in the room in a long time. "Should I?" He asked. I nodded my head and pointed to the red stripe by his arm.

"He's the security guard of this house and the cameras you broke were part of their security!"  explained. His eyebrows were close together as he was still suspicious. "How do you know something I don't?" He doubted me.

"Wonwoo showed me- Ugh! I'll just show you myself." I pulled him into the cupboard and did what Wonwoo did the first time I entered. "How do I know you're not some person who had plastic surgery to look like Aeyoung?!" He raised his voice.

"Yah! Don't you remember this room at all?" I asked, showing the room that was filled with security guards, Halmeoni and Wonwoo. The room was already lit and the blinker stopped blinking.

"Halmeoni, what present did you bought when I turned 6?" He suddenly asked. "I didn't buy you anything. You wanted handmade socks." She simply answered with a smile. As if none of the plastic surgery accusation ever happened, He asked, "Why didn't you tell me about this room?"

"I wanted to but all you did was brought home that Natasha girl and bragged about how perfect she was," Halmeoni explained. l frowned at the fact that I wasn't the first girl he brought home. "Halmeoni!" He yelled as if he didn't want any of us to hear it. "Wae? You wanted an answer." She shrugged.

I just walked into the weapons room and kept all my stuff. "Noona, gwenchana?" Wonwoo whispered as he followed me. I put up a smile and answered, "Gwenchana. I'm just tired." I just admired the weapons in the room and stayed silent. "Do you want to see my gun?" He asked, obviously attempting to make me smile properly.

Who am I kidding? Wonwoo knows me well. He put his 'Harry Potter' glasses on and explained the parts of his gun. "Wonwoo, mianhae but I'm sleepy. Can I go get some rest?" I  yawned. I'm so restless and I don't even know why. "Oh, ne. I'll stay here if you need me." He said as he was adjusting some things on his equipment.

I walked out of the room and saw only the security guards, moving around as if I was invisible. "Did Halmeoni go up?" I asked as I looked around. All of them nodded at the same time and that made me jump. I observed them carefully as I was getting suspicious about their behavior.

"Do you need anything else, ma'am?" One of them turned to look at me. "Nope! Nothing at all. I'll just be on my way." I answered and walked quickly towards the exit. They are creepy but the fact that they were so hard working amazes me. I've got a few questions that have been bugging me and I think Halmeoni knows the answers.

I went upstairs and stepped out of the cupboard. Then, I heard the front door closing so I peeked from the corner and saw the twins returning with bulky plastic bags in their hands. "Unnie, let me help." I offered as they looked really heavy.

"Andwae, you should rest." Jiyeon Unnie insisted. Instead of listening, I grabbed some bags from both of them and carried it to the kitchen. "Isn't it easier for me to help?" I asked and unpacked the groceries. "Khamsahamnida." They thanked as they unpacked the food from their bags.

"May I know which room is Halmeoni's?" I asked politely. "The second one. Beside Taeyong's room." She mentioned so I thanked her. I made my way through the kitchen and towards her room. I kindly knocked and asked, "Can I come in?"

The door then opened so I asked, "Halmeoni, how did- Oh, Taeyong. Mian, wrong room." I said as I saw Taeyong. I quickly turned around and wanted to leave but he stopped me. "Halmeoni is inside. She's taking a nap. Wae?" He asked softly. I just shook my head and turned to leave again.

This time, he grabbed my wrist, preventing me from taking another step forward. "Let's talk. I'm bored." He pouted and that made me have the urge to punch him! "I'm really tired. Let me go, I want to take a nap." I told him and soon, he let me go. His smile from before turned upside down and I feel a little guilty.

I just reminded myself of how I wasn't the first girl he brought in. I turned and left without saying another word.

The next day was different as Halmeoni had to attend her monthly medical check-up to make sure that she is in good health. Wonwoo, on the other hand, caught a cold and has a major headache. His blanket dropped and he left the window open. It was lunch time and I just finished feeding him.

"Aigoo, why didn't you just pick your blanket up? It's not even a meter away." I nagged as I covered him up in layers of blankets and jackets. "I was sleeping! How did you expect me to get up just for a blanket? Of course, I continued sleeping." He said with his hoarse throat.

I walked out of his room and went to the living room. I planned to call Jaehyun to help me with Wonwoo's medicine but I don't know his number. I don't want to ask Taeyong because it seems like they're not in good terms and I really want Wonwoo to recover soon.

I don't feel safe when he's unwell. It feels like anything can happen at any time. I felt 2 vibrations by my ear so I widened my eyes. I quickly rushed into the room and saw him covering his mouth. He was leaning away from the bed and the smell of vomit filled the room.

I turned around and planned of the things to get in my head. As I went out, I bumped into Taeyong. He was about to open his mouth but I interrupted. "Could you get me 2 wet towels, please. Wonwoo vomited." I explained and rushed to the kitchen to get a huge non-fragile bowl with a small plastic bag.

Then, I went back to Wonwoo's room and gave him the plastic covered bowl to vomit in. "Can you stand?" I asked. Slowly, he stood up so I led him to the bathroom. "Aeyoung, what should I do with this?" Taeyong asked as he lifted the 2 wet towels.

"Oh, give them to me. I'll clean up the room. You go help Wonwoo. It looks like another wave of vomit is coming." I told him. I was about to grab the 2 towels when he suggested, "I'll clean it. You help Wonwoo. You're still injured. I don't want you to hurt yourself."

I just snatched the 2 wet towels and pushed him to Wonwoo. "I can do it. I'm not that helpless you know." I glared at him and went to the room to clean up the mess. It wasn't that hard as the scar on my leg has already healed. There's just dry blood left since my wound was all stitched up.

Soon, after I was done, I brought the 2 towels into the kitchen. I turned the tap on and cleaned the vomit off the towel. Luckily, there wasn't much vomit on the floor because the smell is awful and I can't stand another minute in there. I brought an air freshener and sprayed it all around the room.

I left the room after closing the door and went to check on Wonwoo. "He says he's feeling better than before. He's headache stopped but his fever isn't going down." Taeyong mentioned. I felt his forehead as he laid on the couch. I turned to look at Taeyong who was staring at my scar.

"I'm fine. I told you I could handle it." I looked away. Before he could say anything, the doorbell rang.