I went to the bathroom thinking about having a tele-talk with Jace...Jac-STOP, Taylor is probably listening and he didn't need to know the kind of things I would be thinking If I hadn't interrupted my self, god I was such a hormonal teenager gah. I started to shower all the while thinking about my strange life.

It all started about a year ago, when instead of going to a regular high school like expected, our parents had this huge talk with us about, the world wasn't what it seemed, we weren't human, and we had to go to this special boarding school to learn how to train and use our powers, that we were going to have soul mates, and what types of Others there were, shifters, feae, pushers, and mirrors.

2 days later we were shipped of to who knows were to do no-one knows what.

Now we were heading back, but it would be totally different,

1.we would be second years

2.we would find out our true soul mates

3.we would morph

4.we will have to be entered onto the Others Challenge

finding a true soul mate is exactly like love at first sight, but totally different, and you can only find your soul mate exactly 7 days after the first bell rings for classes to start in your second year, very confusing, I know, morphing happens when you truly fall in love with your soul mate, then, after about 6 months into the school year all the 2 year soul couples names are put into 4 different jars, for the 4 different races, then a couples slip was fished out of the jars then all four of the soul couples will compete in the games

I was drying my hair with a blow dryer and stood realizing I had sub consciously got out of the shower and gotten dressed without even thinking about it . Hmm.

After finishing with my hair I looked in the mirror, and smiled, I was an the tall side with a slender shapely bod. The very brightest green eyes and almost black hair, I liked to wear black and white clothing, with colorful shoes, mostly flats though because I was 5'10.

I started to apply my make up , very simple black eyeliner to accentuate my eyes making them pop, a layer of lip gloss, because my lips were already so bright.

I walked back to my room and found a pair of hot pink converse sitting on my bed, I silently thanked Simon, he loved to help pick out my shoes, It was one of the few ways we bonded.

After pulling them on I walked down stairs just as my phone rang, I finished walking down the stairs and sat at the table just as the eggs were being served, gah, I hate eggs.

I pulled my phone out and read a text from Jace,and started to text him, a

growing sense of dread in my chest. Jace wasn't my soul partner, and I wasn't his, we both knew it, and knowing it would get pretty ugly if I had a boyfriend and soul mate in the same room, I was thinking about this last night and had come to a painful decision.

"hey"

"hi, I know I'm going to sound like a totally shallow bitch, but I have been thinking and with the whole soul mate business in a week I think we should break up, I know I'm an absolute bitch to tell you this now over a text message and I'm only concerned with your safety...I'm sorry"

I sent it all in one message, like a ripping off a band aide

a good 5 minutes later I got a reply

"I totally understand, I was thinking about this too, and realized its better for both of us to do this now and not later, I hope we can still be friends? And I think your not a bitch, I would have broken up sooner or later."

I sighed letting all my building tension roll off me In waves, I felt like a weight was lifted of my shoulder I quickly replied

"thank god, of course we can be friends, and I think your soul-mate will be the luckiest girl alive ;)"

I had met Jace last year after he had almost killed me in gym, but after that we had become very close. I hoped we could still be friends.

The rest of the day went pretty fast, me and my mom had a big 'talk' about soul mates and what to expect, I listened to this with interest, my mom was my dad's soul mate, my mom was an elemental, my dad Feae me the first half Feae half elemental, weird, I know.

Finally 4 o'clock was fast approaching, as we all filed into the family mini-van(my Camaro at the island) and drove to the airport, finally it was time to say good bye, my mom cried, same with Becky, my dad played it cool but I could feel the tension. I kissed and hugged Becky making sure she knew that I was going to talk to her over web cam once a week, I had to remind my mom that a few times too, my dad was a big wussy so I told him to look after mom and Becky, he nodded and told me he loved me and hugged me, finally our plane was boarding, so I dutifully pulled my family off my brothers and gently led them onto the airstrip, waving and blowing kisses all the while, finally once we had got on the plane I pulled out my favorite book out and started to read, after a few hours I felt someone sit in the seat beside me, I looked up and screamed.