Attachment

thank you all for 1.4k reads!! tht makes me so happy :-)
____________________________________________________________

"There's always adoption." Lindsay said, holding her stomach. I was envious, Gavin knew I was. He rested his hand on my knee to keep me calm.

"Seriously, there's hundreds of kids, waiting to be snatched up by the Framsey household and their 86 dogs." Michael laughed, taking a sip of his beer. I shrugged and looked at Gavin.

"Well, you're right. There's plenty of kids who need parents, why make a baby when we can adopt one?" Gavin chuckled, looking down at me. "You're adopted so it'd be cool to adopt a kid too." Gavin squeezed my thigh. I shrugged and ignored his squeeze.

 "Not knowing your real parents suck, and wondering why they gave you up is shitty too. I don't want my kid feeling the way I do, when they're older." I sighed, "growing up knowing I was adopted made everything worse. I don't know my health history, I've already assumed addiction runs in the family. And I know that makes me sound awful and shitty but like that's just me." I shrugged again, looking down at my hands.

"Adopting a dog from the shelter is just like adopting a kid." Michael said, he was unsure of himself. The way he sounded wasn't Michael. I'm just glad he wasn't screaming and spitting everywhere.

"Shut up! You don't know anything about adoption!" Lindsay smacked his arm and they both laughed, getting a chuckle out of Gavin and a small smile from me. Our server came back right after Lindsay and said that and gave us our checks. Gavin paid for ours, after a small argument about how he pays for everything and he should let me get the check just this once. Our server came back with the books and our cards. We walked out of the restaurant and stood to the side of the door.

"You guys want to hang out?" Lindsay asked, I shrugged and looked at Gavin.

"Up to him." I said, pointing at Gavin who had walked away and had just answered the phone. Lindsay nodded, and pulled me into a hug. I hugged back and we pulled away.

"Seriously, I know you're skeptical about adopting a kid, but consider it. Those kids need a home just as much as you did." She said, patting my shoulder and Michael nodded, agreeing with his wife.

 "I know, I just, I want my own kid." I shrugged, looking down at my feet. Lindsay kissed my head and I looked up to see Gavin walking back.

"Sorry about that, George called." He ran a hand through his hair.

"Lindsay and Michael want to come over, is that cool?" I asked, looking up at him. I didn't want them to come over, personally. I wanted to spend time with Gavin, he'd be leaving back to England in a couple weeks. I know I've spent the past 3 weeks with him, but it didn't feel like real time because I was pushing myself away cause I'm stupid.

"I'd love for them to come over, but I've got to finish editing some videos, and start packing. I leave next week." Gavin rubbed his neck, and looked up at his best friend.

"No, we understand, we knew you were leaving." Michael nodded, and hugged Gavin quickly. Gavin hugged back and Lindsay smooshed Gavin in her arms, causing all of us to laugh at Gavin squawks. They gave me hugs and said their farewells. We walked back to our car, and I got in the drivers seat. I started the car as Gavin got in the passenger seat and buckled up.

"We should keep trying." I blurted out as we walked into our house. Gavin turned around and looked at me with wide eyes.

"What do you mean?" He asked, gawking at me. He knew what I meant.

"I know I said I'm infertile but like," I shrugged, not knowing where I was going with this. "I really want a fucking kid, and this is bullshit, I can't be infertile!" I groaned, running my hair through my messy hair.

"Gabi, if the doctor has told you you're infertile, I highly doubt he's lying to you. I'm sorry that it's come down to it, but that's the truth. I'm sorry that it's happened to us, but we can't do anything to prevent it, or fix it." He reached his hands out, to hold me up. I could feel my body getting weak, and I leaned on him. I fought back tears as I nodded, listening to him. "Please, don't take this out on yourself when I leave, this isn't your fault." He mumbled into my hair, rubbing my back softly. I sighed and nodded, calmed down by his touch.

I was going to go to the doctor while Gavin was in England. I was going to find out if I could fix this. I wanted a kid, more than I wanted a marriage.

"Hey, let's go cuddle and play overwatch?" He looked down at me, with a grin plastered on his face. I laughed and nodded, walking up the stairs into our room. I plopped down on the bed as Gavin turned the playstations on. He jumped on the bed, turning on our TV's. I laid my head on his chest while I waited for my game to load. I was always really happy when Gavin and I touched, even if it was just a little bump on the hand while we're walking by each other.

I wasn't ready for Gavin to leave yet. I knew him leaving would come down to me being miserable again and not being able to be On The Spot with Maisey. I'm not someone who flakes out on people but Gavin not being at work makes me not want to be anywhere but with him. Everyone knew how I got when Gavin left, and this had only been happening for a couple months at best. I had no idea where the sudden attachment to him came from.

I knew I would get bad again. 

______________________________________

sorry for the short chapter! it was kinda a filler chapter but I'm happy y'all are enjoying this story! please don't forget to vote or comment! 

-meg