Maisey

3 months later

I was sitting at home, fiddling with my sketchbook and waiting for Gavin to wake up. My friend Maisey was flying in from Ireland. I about shit myself when she told me the news.

It had been 6 or 7 years since I saw my beloved friend. Gavin had no idea she existed, & I felt bad for never telling him about her.

The last time I saw Maisey, I called her Mai, she'd cut her long, platinum blonde hair from her hips, all the way to her jaw line. Mai stood about 3 1/2 inches taller than me. She had piercing icy blue eyes, I didn't know whose eyes I liked better. Gav's or Mai's.

Maisey moved to Ireland when I left her for my ex. She went with her family. When we talked on the phone, she held a heavy Irish accent, and I may like it more than I liked Gav's accent.

I heard my phone go off and I jumped.

From Daisy Mai

Hey! I am enroute to your apartment! Can't wait to see you! :)

To Daisy Mai

Oh, my god. I can't wait!

I set my phone down. I currently didn't have pants on because Gavin got a little full of himself last night. Or in a way, he got a little full of himself in me, as Lindsey would say. The entire office knew we were having sex due to Michael and Barb's big mouths. Even though, it's pretty insinuated in a relationship.

I'd pulled on a pair of joggers and changed into Gavin's DETIA shirt. I pulled on some socks and my slip on's and waited for Maisey to tell me she was here.

While I waited, I decided to make Gavin, Maisey and I a small little vegetarian lunch, now that I converted Gavin to my ways, as Michael would prod. I think my friends would love Maisey, but she'd need to get used to them. Especially, Jordan and Cole.

My phone buzzed again.

From Daisey Mai

I'm here my love!

To Daisy Mai

Okay! On my way down!

"GAAAAAVIN!!!" I yelled, running into my room and jumping on him. He groaned loudly and pushed me off.

"Wot??" He said, sitting up on his elbows.

"I'll be back in like 5 minutes. I have someone really important for you to meet. Coffee's ready, I made tea just in case, and food's on the stove. I love you." I smiled, kissing his lips quickly and rushing out of my apartment.

Once the elevator opened in the garage, I saw my absolutely stunning friend. She was as pale as paper, as normal. Her blonde hair fell to about mid back length. She wore just plain jeans, and a black t-shirt. She saw me and I ran into her arms. She picked me up and spun me around.

"Oh, god. It's been too god damned long." Mai smiled at me, her accent was a little heavier in person.

"I have someone really special for you to meet." I smiled back, as I caught the elevator before it closed. We got in and rode it up to my floor, and I walked into my place. Gavin was sitting in the living room, watching Sherlock. "Hey, I'm back." I said, closing the door behind Maisey.

Gavin got up, and turned around to face us. He smiled when he saw my friend and walked over to us.

"Gavin, this is Maisey. She's my best friend." I said, admiring my still sleepy boyfriend. "Maisey, this is Gavin, my boyfriend." I looked over at my friend and they shook hands.

"I haven't heard much about you, if I'm going to be honest. But I know you were a big part of her past." Gavin smiled at my friend.

"Gabi never shut up about you." Mai chuckled, Gavin tilted his head.

"You're Irish?" He asked my friend. He seemed confused, even though I've told him she moved to Ireland.

"No no no," She chuckled. "I'm American, I'm from Alabama, I just moved to Ireland a couple years ago with my boyfriend and family." She explained, pushing her hair out of her face.

"She's going to be staying with us for a while." I smiled at Gavin. Maisey was almost Gavin's height, but Gavin wasn't tall. Maisey was considered tall and was bullied for her height all her life. I told her not to worry about it, and I know it didn't bother her anymore. "Let me take your stuff to your room." I smiled at my friend, I grabbed her suitcase and lugged it off to the guest bedroom.

"Gavin's cute. I can see why you like him." She chuckled as she brought the rest of her luggage in. Jealousy raged inside me as she spoke. I closed my eyes, calming myself down.

"Yeah." I said, hoping my voice didn't sound too harsh. "What do you want to do today?" I asked, standing up and fixing my shirt.

"Honestly, I think I'm gonna just catch up on sleep for the next couple days." She smiled softly at me. The reason she moved to Texas was because her boyfriend and her had a really bad falling out. And by falling out I mean he almost killed her. He's currently in jail, and I offered her a place to crash until she was stable when she told me she was coming back.

"Okay. I think Gavin and I are going out tonight, if you'd like to come. I'm not entirely positive." I chuckled, running a hand through my hair. I think I needed another haircut. "But, I'll let you sleep. You deserve a good nights rest." I smiled sweetly at my friend, walking out and shutting her door. I walked into the living room where Gavin was laying on the couch.

"How long have you been up?" Gavin asked me, looking up at me.

"I haven't slept yet." I muttered, looking down at my boyfriend. He sat up and his face was riddled with concern.

"Why not, doll?" He asked, taking my hand and pulling me to him.

"Nightmares." I shrugged, sitting next to him. He kissed my hand and placed a small kiss on my forehead.

"You know you can wake me up, love. I won't be mad that you've woken me." He said, making me look up at him.

"I'll be okay." I smiled, softly at him. "I'll crash when my body lets me." I shrugged, as he frowned and cupped my face.

"I mean it. If you need it, please, wake me up. I'd rather be awake comforting you, than asleep not knowing what you're going through." He said, looking deeply into my eyes. His beautiful green eyes were full of sorrow. I told him about my past, because I thought it would make the nightmares stop, but they only got worse. I smiled weakly at him and shrugged.

"Thank you." I grabbed his hands and kissed his fingers. He smiled and pulled me into his lap, wrapping his arms around me securely. He laid down, letting me rest my head on his chest. His faint heartbeat lulled me to sleep.