I'm Ready

Gavin had been very persistent that I get a pregnancy test and make sure that I'm not pregnant. I wasn't going to believe it. It couldn't happen. There's no way. I'm on birth control. But I ended up getting a couple pregnancy tests, because I wanted to prove him wrong. And to soothe my thoughts.

Gavin was laying in bed, his snoring, along with Gideon and Monty's were filling up the silent room. It was midday, Gavin and I had the day off. He had fallen asleep in the middle of a movie (as NORMAL). We both took a couple of sick days off because we were planning our two years anniversary, (Yes, I finally admit that we'd been together for two years) to Disneyland with Michael and Lindsay, but we unfortunately came upon a situation we don't know how to handle.

I decided to call Lindsay and ask her out for lunch, just her and I. We met up at a pizza place, right in the middle of our houses.

"What's going on?" Lindsay asked, looking down at her menu.

"Well, I don't know. I've been throwing up, for like a solid month & a half and at this point, I'm just throwing up bile. I get horrible cravings for stuff I would never eat. Like right now, I really want some fucking anchovies." I shrugged. "I'm overly emotional, like I got mad at Gavin for falling asleep while we were watching a movie. My boobs hurt so fucking much." I whined, looking at my friend. She rested a hand on her bump and looked up at me.

"If you want an honest answer, Gabi, here's mine. You've been sick for about a month, your back hurts, your boobs hurt. You're getting horrible cravings and your mood swings are the worse things to ever happen to you. You know what that sounds like to me?" She asked, setting the menu down. I raised an eyebrow at her. "It sounds like you're pregnant, Gabi. Plus, you haven't lost any weight from constantly throwing up, you're actually gaining more weight." She pointed out, causing me to frown. Gavin was right. Gavin was fucking right. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed loudly.

"Oh my god. I'm not ready for this." I began to feel my chest tighten. I felt like I was going to blow chunks, or die. Maybe both if Lindsay's lucky.

"I wasn't ready either, but at this point it's now or never." She shrugged. "I still don't think Michael's ready." I sighed and nodded.

"Is anyone really ready?" I asked, running a hand through my hair. My phone lit up on the table, showing Gavin had shot me a test.

From Gavin

Hey love, where have you gone? And like, you've left a pregnancy test on the counter 😂

I sighed and opened the text as our waiter came up, taking our order.

To Gavin

What's it say?

I sent it reluctantly. I closed my eyes and quickly ordered my food. My phone buzzed again. Shortly, it buzzed again. And again. And again. I decided to ignore the texts. I didn't want to see them. I didn't want to face reality.

My phone lit up with a call from Gavin.

"I'll be right back, Linds." I said. She nodded and I crawled out of the booth, walking outside and answering the call.

"Gabi?" I heard Gavin's voice.

"Yeah?" I answered, chewing on my lip.

"I don't mean to sound all like overprotective and controlling, but why haven't you been answering my texts?" He asked, he seemed upset.

"I'm sorry, I'm just scared to face reality." I mumbled.

"I understand, you're scared. I am too. But we do need to talk about this." He spoke softly. I could hear a hint of excitement in his voice.