Chapter 18.

Warning: This chapter contains some smoking hot action between two sexy guys. Don’t read if you don’t like it. To everybody else, please enjoy!! :-D

-------------------

River’s Pov~

The day after I visited Jayden in jail I was lying in my bed and feeling absolutely terrible and I couldn’t even form a proper word when my mom asked me what was bothering me. I guess my mom got worried because she called Taryn and after a few minutes Taryn burst inside my room looking like a maniac. She kept rambling about being mad at me and hating me for not spending time with her for two weeks, but I wasn’t even paying attention. I just wanted to be alone.

No, scratch that. I just wanted Jayden with me.

“ …and I can’t believe you didn’t call me or visit me for so long.” Taryn said shaking her head. “ Are you even listening to me River?”  She placed her hands on her hips and stared at me.

I glanced back at her and nodded slowly. “ Yeah, yeah. I’m listening.”

She shook her head and sighed “ Of course you are.” She walked over to my bed and laid down beside me. “What’s wrong?”

I didn’t say anything, I kept my mouth shut and stared at the ceiling trying to keep myself busy. Taryn nudged me with her shoulder and laid on her side so she could watch me. “ What’s wrong RiRi?”

“ Jayden is in jail.” I said casually trying to keep the tears away. I have no idea why I’ve gotten so emotional in the past few weeks. I feel like a girl.

“ Wha- What?” She stuttered as she stood up to sit on her knees so she could get a better view of my face.” What are you talking about?”

“ Jayden got caught for smuggling drugs.”  I said again.

“ Why? Why did he do it? Have you seen him? Is he okay? How could he do such a thing? That bastard! “ She kept rambling and asking me question after question before I even got to answer. She looked pissed and I have no doubt  that she would have killed Jayden if he was here right now. She hates if someone breaks her trust and I could see that she really trusted Jayden and the fact that he did something as stupid as smuggling drugs really made her angry.

“ He did it for us, Taryn. For me and him.” I told her calmly. “He wanted us to have a better life and he wanted to take care of me not the other way around.  I saw him yesterday, and he is not doing so great. I want to get him out of there Taryn, I can’t let him stay th-there”  I told her my voice breaking at the end.

“ That stupid sweet idiot!  I can’t believe he did it for you. I mean you of all people.” She teased shaking her head. I slapped her playfully on the shoulder making her laugh. I laughed with her as we both slumped back on the bed staring up at the ceiling again.

“ What are you going to do?”

I shrugged and glanced at her before moving my eyes back to the ceiling. “ I have to ask my dad for help. I don’t even know if he will help me. My mom and dad hate Jayden just because he is poor. Who cares about that nowadays, they are just so close minded.”

“ Jeez, they fit perfectly into the stereotypical stuck up rich people. No wonder people think badly of rich people.” She shook her head and stood up from my bed, handing me her hand. “Come on, let’s go talk to your father.”

I smiled and grabbed her hand as she dragged me downstairs. My dad was home today, he was working from his office so I could speak to him if I wanted to. We stopped once we reached my dad’s office and listened. There were no noises so that meant that he wasn’t talking on the phone. Without even asking if I was ready, Taryn knocked on the door making me glare at her.