Chapter 17.

~River’s Pov~

The next morning I was the first one to wake up, which is unusual for me because I love to sleep and I’m always the last one to wake up on weekends. But I was up all night thinking about Jayden, I just couldn’t sleep when I worried so much about him. And I miss him so much it’s unbelievable, I feel like a part of me is missing and I realised that I will never feel complete until I am with him. He is my everything and I am nothing without him.

 I just laid in my bed after he called and thought about him and counted down every minute till I could see him . It's kind of that feeling when your heart feels heavy and you can’t seem to do anything because you know that something is missing and you just feel depressed and sad because they are not there with you.  

I laid awake all night and a hundred different questions kept running through my head as I was lying in my bed staring up on the ceiling.  Is he okay? Why did he smuggle drugs? Why this and why that. And the worst part is that I didn’t have any answers for any of those questions.

As I walked to the bathroom I passed the huge mirror in my bedroom and I noticed that anyone could see the lack of sleep on my face. I looked horrifying, my eyes were red and puffy from crying and my face looked as pale as a ghost and on top of that I felt awful too. I shook my head and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower, I put on some dark jeans, a white and grey checkered shirt and my leather jacket before I made my way downstairs.  I wasn’t hungry so I went outside to take a quick ride just to calm myself before I went to see Jayden.

I was in a rush to see Jayden, I just miss him so damn much. I want him to come back home, I don’t want him to spend any time in jail. I can’t let him stay there, I have to do something. Jayden isn’t rich so he can’t afford a good lawyer either and I can’t let him stay in jail. That’s out of the question.

As I drove past the courthouse it crossed my mind that my father is a lawyer. He could help Jayden, after all he is one of the most successful lawyers in the country. He has never lost a case in his entire career and I know that he would never take it if he did lose one. My father cares way to much about his job and he takes it really seriously. I just have to convince him to help Jayden, and I don’t care if he likes Jayden or not. I love Jayden and if my father loves me he would help me. I can’t live without Jayden and I don’t care if they don’t trust him or whatever it is that they don’t like about him. I am helping him out of this problem and I don’t care how much time it takes.

When I reached the jail that Jayden was staying at it was already 12 o’clock. He had been transformed from the police station to the local jail until his trail. I parked the car a few blocks away and walked to the place where I was meeting a police officer who was going to lead me to Jayden’s block. They were being nice to me just because I was Richard Jones son. He is after all the best lawyer in the country, they were bound to be nice to me

The guard escorted me to where Jayden was staying and I sat down on a bench to wait for him.  The room was small and reminded me of those rooms in the movies where they interrogate he victim. After a few minutes the door opened and in came Jayden with an orange overall, his face looked paler and there was an aura of grey around him. His entire posture was different, he looked so sad and lost in deep thoughts. Even though it had been just two days since I had seen him, he looked completely different. The smirk that he always seemed to carry around me was gone, it was replaced by a sad couple of eyes that lacked life and happiness.

My eyes filled with tears as he looked up at me, at first it seemed like he didn’t believe that it was me but when he realized a huge smile formed on his face and to me it was the most beautiful smile that I had ever seen. He almost ran towards me and engulfed me in his arms swinging me around like he hadn’t seen me for years. But I felt the exact same way.