Chapter 16.

~Jayden’s Pov~

As I was sitting in the police car on my way to the police station, all I could think about was River. I wasn’t thinking about my mother or Zayne or any other person in the damn world. It was just River, only River. I could see his beautiful hazel eyes, looking at me with disappointment, betrayal and shame. And right now I wasn’t worried about being caught and having to spend time in jail, I was worried about River not wanting me anymore.

 And I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what was going to happen now. He is going to leave me and hate me forever, and I don’t blame him. I mean I lied to him, I didn’t tell him that I was in a gang. Even though I know that I did many wrong things and that River is much better without me, and many people would say that if I really love him I should let him go. But the thing is, I don’t believe in that shit. Why would I let someone I love go? That’s just fucking stupid. I would do anything in my power to make that person stay with me and forgive me. I won’t let him go because I love him, if I really love him I would make him stay. And that’s why I have promised myself that I would do anything to make River forgive me.

I just wanted to be with him, just hug him and hold him in my arms and never let go. Breathe in his intoxicating smell and I feel his warmth, where I felt safe and loved. That’s the only thing I wanted right now.

“Let’s go kid!” Oliver said pulling me out of the car. I hadn’t even noticed that we had arrived at the police station. My hands were handcuffed so I couldn’t really do anything with my hands. Oliver grabbed my upper arm and dragged me inside. I walked in trying to avoid the stares and dirty looks I was getting. I didn’t really care about them, but I was just not in the mood to start fighting anyone right now. And that was exactly what I was going to do if any of them said or did something that would upset me. I have a shitty temper I guess.

"Come on. We have to check you out.” Oliver said pulling me towards the counter where a woman with her police uniform was standing staring at me.

“ Can I make a call?” I asked Oliver.

He nodded “ Yeah, after we are done here.”

They spent about two hour writing down every piece of information I was giving them. They took my picture, fingerprints and gave me an orange overall to wear.

I picked up the phone and dialed River’s number. I wanted to hear his voice and I wanted him to know that I was here from me, not from my mother or Zayne.

After a few rings he picked up.

“Hello!”

~River’s Pov~

I was getting really impatient now. Jayden said he would call me when he got home from work, I don’t think he was covering for Zayne, but I didn’t want to upset him so I didn’t ask more about that. But it’s almost midnight now and he still hasn’t called.

Suddenly my phone rang and I ran over to pick it up.

“Hello!”

“ Hey River. How are you doing?” He was trying to be cheerful, but he failed miserably. His voice was off and I knew immediately that something was wrong.

“ Is there something wrong Jayden?”

He sighed but didn’t say anything and I think my heart skipped a beat. I was getting really worried now.

“ Jayden? What is it?” I asked again, more nervous this time.

“ Ehh.. I did something really stupid River” He replied quietly.

“ Wha- What do you mean?”

“ I got arrested. I'm in jail. "

I didn't say anything for a whole minute. I was to shocked to say anything. But when I came to my senses again I began to freak out. "You’re what?” I yelled. I probably made him deaf but I was freaking out. What does he mean? He can’t be in jail. Why would he be in jail in the first place?