Best Friend - Jason McCann - Mr. McCann (Part 2)

A/N: Hey hey ! I'm back ❤️ Be sure to comment what you think, vote and also share this book if you're enjoying it. Much love .xx

I made Jason's vanilla latté and handed it over to someone else to give it to him. I strutted my way back to my office, earning some looks from employees. Is it the walk, the clothes or is it just me ? I would never know.

I went on with my work that was incomplete, I didn't have much to do since I choose to be organized rather than leaving things to do in the day or leaving it for the 11th hour.

Wrapping up what I had left of my homework my phone went off. I put it on speaker whilst packing everything away, it was our receptionist Giselle on the line "Good day Miss Y/S/N. I have someone named Malia here to see you, may she come in now ?"

"Yeah that's perfectly fine, send her to my office, thanks Giselle." "No problem ma'am " she ended the call.

Whilst marking off work from my diary, their were knocks at my door. I looked up to see the familiar face, smiling back at her in assurance to come in. "May I get you anything ma'am, tea or coffee ?" Giselle asked. "Uhm water will be fine thanks" Malia answered back and took a seat on the chair in front of my desk.

As Giselle left shutting the door behind her, "Hey" Malia started the conversation. "Hi, how are you ? It's good to see you again" I faked a smile. It actually really hurts me to see her here again. "I'm well thanks, yeah it's good to see you too" she smiled. "Uhm would you like me to take you to Jason now or ?" I asked after a long awkward silence.

I don't mean to sound rude but I have work to finish. Time means money. "Uhm no it's okay, I'll be seeing him later anyways. Is it fine if I stay here ?" she said. Why doesn't she want to just go to him now ? At least I know half of her job is done and then I won't have to see her again...

"Oh okay yeah that's fine, I don't mind. Make yourself comfortable" I said and gestured towards the couch across the my desk. She laid down on it and after a few moments of silence she started to throw questions at me. "So Y/N, if you don't mind, can I ask you a few questions ?" she asked as she stared up at the ceiling and dared not to make eye contact with me.

"Go on" I said and carried on writing in my diary. "Why haven't you moved out, start a new life after college or university and open up your own business instead of staying with Jason, and being partners ?" A question that really made me think as to why I'm still here. "Well we've been best of friends since high school. I've had his back all the time and he has mine. We're inseparable I guess you could say. Even though he shows his bad side to many people, he never does to me. He's everything to me honestly" I said as I started to daydream and think about all of our memories together.

She got up abruptly and turned to look at me "Then why haven't you guys decided to get together and tie the knot already ? I myself can see that you're into him. He seems to be the only oblivious one out of everyone, not realizing that you guys are meant for each other." Oh how the tables have turned, to think that she wanted him, she was basically shipping us this whole time.

I didn't reply. "Look I know this may be all a shocker to you but last week I just had a feeling that what I was doing was all wrong. If it makes you happy, Jason and I didn't sleep with each other last week. We just had dinner, talked, made out and that was it." Than why the hell did he call her this week if he didn't get any sexual pleasure from her last week.

I dropped my pen and turned to look at her. "The only reason I'm shocked is because you're the only girl who he called over and doesn't seem interested in money, yet here you are trying to get Jason and I to become one. Also the fact that he called you here again, which he never does and you guys didn't do anything sexual. Is their something I'm missing here ?"

"Well I guess theirs only one way to find out" she said.

We waited until later this afternoon when it was peak hour and it was time to close up. I of course was going to be the last one to leave. Jason didn't say a word, just simply entered my office and called up Malia then left. Guilt ? If so, why ?

I got home safely and into the kitchen to leave my car keys. The house was oddly silent, far too silent. Is anyone even home ? I left my purse on the kitchen counter and walked upstairs. Might as well check if I'm home alone or not so I can make plans. I walked to Jason's room and put my ear against the door in hopes of not hearing moans. I knocked on the door and it opened on its own. Oh great, no one is home. I sighed in relief, I like the house to myself from time to time.

I kicked off my heels and went back to the kitchen to get myself some food. I made grilled chicken and vegetables, I honestly can eat this all day. As I scrolled through my phone whilst drinking water, the door burst open. There was Malia and Jason making out, hands on each other, lips stuck to one another. I lightly coughed, I deserve some recognition and respect around here.

"This is my house too and I would appreciate it if you don't do that in front of me whilst I enjoy my delicious meal. Thanks" I faked a smile and went back to eating. From a side eye view I could see Malia trying to fix her hair and dress, Jason just removed his tie and through it on the couch.

"Wanna finish this upstairs ?" Malia giggled. I can tell she's drunk, this won't last long.