Chapter 3

It's been three days and Beau still hasn't let me out his sight, he won't even let me talk to Daniel, Kelsey's been over a couple of times and even brought me a bag full of clothes and tampons and well everything a girl needs. Bless her. I finally persuaded Beau to go out and have fun, James was visiting a friend, Kelsey and Luke go on a date and it's just me, Jai and Daniel, Daniels in his room and Jai is outside making food on the BBQ, Im left alone in the Living room. For the first time in three days I finally have worked up enough courage to look in the mirror.

All I see is a girl who isn't me. I have a large black eye and a cut straight below on my cheek, my nose is bruised and I look and feel like rubbish. Beau told me not to look and now I know he was right I look ugly. How could he stand this. I look closer and see my blue eyes had darkened, my last bit of hope just gone. One by one tears leak from my eyes as I slowly collapse to the floor. Crying at myself. I hear a smash and I feel two arms wrap around me, "Hey, what's wrong" Jai's voice soothes. "I looked in the mirror how can you stand me." I cry. "It's just there temporarily, It will go, we love you for you not for what you look like."He soothes. " look ill make more food you just stay here." He smiles.

I wipe my tears away and sit on the sofa. What do I do now. I really want to see Daniel, I haven't spoken to him since the accident. I carefully get up and walk up to his room. "Daniel, can I come in?" I ask knocking at the door. I hear a faint yes and walk in. Daniels on his bed playing what I think is flappy bird. "I thought Beau said to stay away?" he asks. "I wanted to see you, make sure your ok. " I say moving over next to him. At this point he looks up "But I hit you, why aren't you mad"

he asks bewildered. "I got in the way, it was my fault. Im sorry you got the blame" I apologies as he sits up. "I shouldn't of tried  to hit Beau in the first place, I guess I over reacted... Slightly." He smiles.

"Iris?" I hear Jai call. "I gotta go" I say as I pull myself up and run down to where Jai is. "Where we're you?" He asks. "Seeing if I had any make up to cover this up with." I smile pointing to my face. "I wish you would stop, your beautiful... In your own way." He smirks. "What's that meant to mean" I ask. "Never you mind, however I kind of burnt the food." He chuckles pointing to the charcoal coloured burgers. "Noooooooo" I say dramatically. "But I did text Beau to bring home some.." He says as I cut him off. "Nando's????" ."No, pizza, what's Nando's." He asks as we walk to the sofas. "Nando's, oh yeah you don't have them here. They're basically this chicken restaurant and it's really nice." I say. "Are you daydreaming, over food?" He chuckles. "Maybe.." I laugh.

A little while later Jai and I are still talking and laughing at each others stupidness. When a door slams. "Beau's home and he's pissed." Jai whispers. "How'd you know" I ask. "How about twenty dollars its him and he's drunk." He says. " Your on" I laugh, and then a very drunk Beau stumbles in. His face is drained and his emerald green eyes have just turned a plain old green, his movements are slow and his eyes have bags under. "Move" Beau says angrily pulling Jai of the Sofa. " Beau what was that for?" I ask annoyed moving away slightly. His breath reeks of alcohol. "What happened to you" He spits holding my chin with his cold hands. I shiver and walk out annoyed by his presence. Jai follows and I hand him a crisp twenty dollar bill. "Haha told you." He smirks. "Shut up" I laugh.

Then Kelsey storms in. "I CN'T BELIEVE HIM, TEXTING WHILE ON A DATE AND THEN FORGETTING HIS WALLET I LOOKED LIKE A RIGHT NUMPTY" She screams. "That's not what happened Luke says walking in. "He was texting me" I lie. "WHAT?" She shouts. Luke soon catches on. "Yeah I needed some help. " Luke said. "WITH WHAT"  Kelsey spits. "He was too shy and didn't know if he looked ok, and he was worried you were testing him" I say once again lying. "Yeah I wasn't sure on if I looked ok and if you were ok with the restaurant." He says trying to calm her down. "WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK ME" she shouts. "because Kelsey your too nice" I say, never would I put too nice and Kelsey in the same sentence unless it had unlike in-between. "Yeah right, then where's his wallet" She hisses folding her arms. "It's there on the floor" Jai points. "I knew  It had fallen out." Luke says picking it up and handing Kelsey some money. "I DON'T NEED YOUR CHARITY" Kelsey roars. "Hey babe calm down a touch eh" Beau hisses from behind her. "RIGHT IM LEAVING DON'T KNOW WHEN ILL BE BACK" Kelsey bellows, storming out. "GET IN THAT ROOM NOW" I shout pointing at the living room. "should I go after her?" Luke asks. "Leave her and sorry for shouting." I say felling bad.