Catherine

Mr. Goswick's POV

This was not working. There was nothing of use I could find out or think of. Absolutely nothing. Desperation was now filling my entire body.

"Father, there has to be something we can do" Zander turned to me

"Like what, son? We have absolutely anything that can be helpful to Robert"

Zander leaned against one tree, sighing "So, we're just going to stand there tomorrow and watch them condemning him to death?"

I looked down, not knowing what to say or even think

"What if the entire town was against it?" Tom asked

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. Do something similar to what Robert did in my case. He convinced all the people to be by my side..."

I looked at him "It was different. He got witnesses. Real witnesses to testify against Collings and Bickerton"

"I know, but still. If there was a revolution in front of the tribunal tomorrow. Maybe they would consider it..." Tom looked down

"It is Bickerton on the opposite side here... I don't think that would change much the judge's idea. Even judges have to pay taxes, you know, and Bickerton is the one who collects them"

"When it was me, the judge..."

"Had no chance. Robert was brilliant"

Tom looked down "We can try... it's better than anything"

"You really think Bickerton was the one who killed both Collings?" Zander looked at me

"I can't think of anyone else capable of doing something like this. Without any kind of trace..." I whispered

"It makes sense" Tom spoke again "Robert told me about his suspicion when old Collings first died. Bickerton had just engaged Catherine and Charles when that happened."

I looked at him "So, Robert also thought the same..."

"So..." Zander interrupted "Now Catherine is in the convent and he doesn't know if the marriage will actually happen, he eliminated the mayor so he can get his spot easily?"

"It makes perfect sense" Tom said

"But who on hell would vote for Bickerton on the elections? I mean... people hate him" Zander said

"Not only hate... people fear him. That's why he would win the elections, no doubt of that" I spoke

"That cannot happen" Tom said "What would he do the entire people? Increase the taxes value? To everyone? He can't. People just need to get their eyes opened, just like Robert did a few months ago"

"People's faith grew with Robert. Now this happened, people got back to what they used to be" I spoke

"No. It cannot be as simple as that. Everyone in town loves Robert, I'm sure they support him" Tom said

"I don't know Tom..."

"We should get back to Dr. Rook's office." I spoke "See if there are any news from Robert"

"Ok"

Belle's POV

I don't know how many hours passed by, but nothing had changed yet. The policemen came to tell us they would be outside until the next day, at the time of the audience. I had no idea, but they couldn't take Robert to the middle of the audience, right? It's not like he's in condition of defend himself, not even being able to speak. But then, would they go forward with it, when the respondent is not present? It didn't make much sense either.