Dr. Rook

Sister Alice's POV

I was still talking to the guard that almost caught me with Robert at the dormitory hall. It was a huge scare for me, but fortunately, I started talking to him and after offering him some food he spoke no more about the voices he had heard.

I just hoped Robert had gotten out safely.

He had no idea of how much I cared for him.

"So, sister, thank you so much for this. I should go now and take a walk around" the guard stood up

"You are very welcome" I smiled at him

As he went to open the door, we heard some noises that assimilated to gun shots.

"Did you hear that?" the guard looked at me

"Yes. What was that?"

"I don't know. I'm going to check it out now"

I ran after him as we heard even some other shots, so we followed the noises.

There were some other guards and nuns aware of this and appearing outside the convent installations, curious about what was going on.

I just hoped this had nothing to do with Robert. He had never carried a weapon with him, so it was impossible, right?

"Holy God!" The guard yelled as he opened the background gates

I immediately ran towards there and saw two bodies on the ground.

"Oh god"

I was wrong.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Robert?" I quickly reached him and took his head in my lap "Honey?!" I slapped him softly, but he wouldn't wake up

Lots of people from the convent started to get there and see this tragic scenario. I didn't even looked at the other boy, but I heard them saying he was Collings' son, the new mayor.

"Don't touch anyone or move anything until the police gets here!" a guard yelled

"But this boy needs medical help!" I yelled, I could still feel Robert's heartbeat.

"He's alive?!" another guard approached me

"Yes"

He looked at me then at some other nuns "Whoever of you knows about medical support help the boy, but right on this spot and I don't want anything else being touched"

"Robert, honey, please wake up. This is not your time, not yet" I held his face close to me.

This couldn't be happening.

Third person's POV

Edward Goswick was constantly turning on his bed, desperately waiting for the sleep to come. But it was impossible. These last weeks were of absolutely no sleep. He wasn't fine not knowing where his boy was. Particularly after the news he had told him, he knew he wasn't ok and needed help.

His friend Tom had visited him and his family telling them he was really worried because he didn't know where Robert was either.

This night seemed different though. Everything seemed to be really agitated outside. Or maybe it was just fruit of his imagination.

That was what Mr. Goswick thought until he heard a desperate neighing from outside.

'What the hell is wrong with everyone tonight? Even the horses?' he thought as he stood up and left his room.