A surprise - Part 2

Robert's POV

This could not be good

"Charles?"

"How did you get in?" he snapped "How long have you been doing this? I am going to kill you!"

He ran to me and tried to punch me, but was unsuccessful

"You need to get her out of there, Charles" I said

"You killed my father!" he yelled

"I didn't kill anyone!" I snapped "Are you listening to me or not? I'm letting you take her! Just bloody take her out of this place! She's ill!"

I honestly hated what I just said. Him? Taking her? No way. But if that meant she would be out of this place. At least she could get better.

"I know she is! It is your fault! She wouldn't have got in here if it wasn't for you!" ye yelled furiously at me

I looked down. That was right.

"You're... you're..." he tried to get me once again.

I saw Felix approaching and increasing the distance between us. But, the next thing I know, I there was a shot.

And Charles fell to the floor.

"Run, Felix!" I told the horse as I looked all around me.

I approached Charles' body. He was dead.

Was this shot really meant to hit him?

"Back off, little brother" I heard a very familiar voice approaching. I looked back to see William with a flintlock in his hands.

My eyes widened "W-William?"

"What a surprise, brother" he laughed, pointing the pistol at me, now.

"You..." I was speechless.

He had just killed Charles.

He... Oh God

"It wasn't Bickerton who killed Collings" My mind instantly solved the mystery "You did" I said, more to myself than him

He just laughed "Always the big Goswick son, you. All the fame, all the people's support, all the pretty ladies trying to get you as a fiancé..." he said, approaching me

"So... you did this?" I looked at Charles lifeless body "Because you're jealous of me?!"

"I AM NOT JEALOUS!" he yelled, tightening the grip around the pistol "I just want some credit. I don't even get what's so special about you. I always worked hard, all these bloody years... and what do I get? Nothing! Absolutely nothing!" he snapped

"I thought I was going insane, but you... you've gone completely psycho." I said as one more riddle was solved in my mind "You told Bickerton... you told Bickerton about me and Catherine."

"Well, you thought no one would see you climbing his house and entering her room through her window?" he giggled "You're so stupid sometimes, little brother"

I looked at him. I couldn't believe my own brother was doing this. I couldn't believe the man he had become.

"It was the perfect excuse. I had killed Collings. You were in Bickerton's blacklist. It was just a step forward for you to be considered the mayor's assassin. And now, once again" he smiled "Spotted at the scene of the crime of the new mayor. Collings son"

"How are you going to prove I was he...?" I was interrupted when a second shot was heard.

Holy sh*t.

I had no idea the human being could feel such physical pain.

I looked down at my belly. It wasn't just a scratch this time.

It hit me, fully.

I felt my body numb and fell to the floor.

"I don't need to prove anything" he laughed as he stole Charles other pistol and threw some shots in the hair.

My mind was getting blurry, the pain unbearable.

I noticed my brother putting one pistol over Charles hand and dropping the other one near me.

"Goodbye, little brother" he kicked my face, sending me right into the bottom of unconsciousness

Hello!

I'm sorry for the short chapter!

Next one will be longer, promise!

Comment and vote!!