Wait for me

Catherine's POV

Was it not enough that my mind is getting me crazy? Now even my body seems to be. That man gives me chills. I don't think it is in a bad way, but oh, he does. The way he was, all his good looking being, sitting right in front of me and his deep voice speaking made me shiver inside. However, he was such a gentleman, so caring, intelligent and nice. He made me feel comfortable and I really enjoyed the time I spent with him. Before I met him today I was afraid it would be awkward and had no idea what his intentions really were. I mean, I didn't really know him. I am not disappointed, though. On the contrary, I was very much pleased with knowing him. And I was looking forward to know even more. He intrigued me so much. He's such a good looking man, so charming and then... he has those beautiful mysterious eyes. His stare was so intense, I couldn't figure out its meaning.

I was glad no one seemed to notice my absence at home. I had no idea how I would get out again though. I really had to think of something. Some excuse to my father and professor, since I know my mother will probably go out again.

I later figured out that I am good at making excuses. I always was, probably, I just never did this kind of things. My father was convinced I would study the entire week at my professor's house who was now thinking my father, through me, told him to take this week off.

So, I was free the entire week to meet Robert at that hidden place. It was what we did and simply was the most amazing week on my entire life. I felt free, I felt good. And Robert was so amazing. He told me so many stories about him. I loved to hear him talking, exciting adventures, not so good incidents, funny stories... His laugh was so adorable. I could sit my entire life in front of him and just watch.

I felt bad I hadn't many stories to share, almost zero, actually. It was by now I realized my father had really kept me from a social life. He had stuck me inside my house where I could only talk to my family. I didn't have friends, I didn't know the world outside.

Robert would still go to his window every night only to see me already there. I was fascinated by him. I never felt like this before.

This amazing week turned out to also be the quickest week I've ever had. It was already Friday. And almost 5 in the afternoon, which meant I had to leave. Robert told me he was leaving the next day to university. That he would be there for only a few months and was eager to get back.

I felt sad though. My life had changed this week and it was about to go to what it had always been again. I didn't want that.

"When I come back, will I see you again?" He smiled at me

"I really hope so, if you don't forget me in the meantime"

"That would be impossible" he whispered

I stood up to leave and was still interiorizing his words that I completely forgot I had left the bag on the floor. I had brought Robert some cake again. I stumbled, but two steady muscular arms prevented me from falling.

"I got you"

Our faces were so much closer than I've ever been with any human being. I could feel his heartbeat and breath. My body was feeling weird again, my heart beat faster than ever, I think my breath stopped.

His hand was holding my waist securely as his other started caressing my face. I thought I would pass out. No one ever did this to me before.

The next thing I know, I felt his lips touching mine. I felt like flames were invading my body and I was melting. The outside world had just completely disappeared and I just needed this man right in front of me.

His lips were soft, he was gently making love to my lips as I started doing the same. But then, he stopped.

"I am sorry, Catherine. I am so sorry... I..." He seemed to be bothered by invading my personal space and kissing me without my permission. I found it really overwhelming. He respected me, not many man would. My mother always told me men are selfish and only want to fulfill their own desires. Robert was different.